What's new

Paint Color - (1 Viewer)

NicDugger

Auditioning
hey folks-
I am having a heck of a time chosing a paint color (or colors) for my new HT. We have brown leather HT seating and a dark red couch. I would like to do the screen curtains in a navy or red with gold trim. Any ideas? I would love to see some pictures of your unique color choices . . . faux finished could be a possibility . . .l

NicDugger

Auditioning
No - not out of the question - but i find very few people (other than those of us who are HT Buffs) find it pleasing to the eye to walk into a black room. I just feel like there is a color combo that will both look creative as well as do a good job of deflecting the projector light. I assume flat paint is best for this.

Chris Hovanic

Supporting Actor
Here is a link to my paint project. The color is called Plumit. A deep Plum/Purple. (Click the link in my sig for more pics)

The pictures do not really show the true color. Also depending on the time of the day it is brighter or darker. My room is open to the kitchen which lets in all sorts of light during the day. At night though, it is very dark.

Not sure how purple would go with your dark red couch... my wife says no to any movie poster that has red in it.

I like the two-tone look that many people use in their theaters. One color on the bottom half and another on the top half.

My suggestion is to narrow color choices down to 2 or 3. Buy a quart of each and paint about a 1-3 foot square of each color on every wall that will be painted. Look at it over the course of a day or two at different times. The paint is never the color of the sample chip.

I once painted 2 sides of my house and did not stop to look at it untill the wife came home from work, only to find that the paint was not tan but more of a burnt orange. I ended up re-painting it the next day after we bought a quart of the new color and tested it first.

Good luck in finding a color.

Pam W

Stunt Coordinator
What color is your carpet?

Also, are there any pictures of your furniture? There are many shades of brown and red, and it would help to see them to give you a better idea.

Navy is not out of the question. Go to your local HD and look at all the Ralph Lauren brochures - they do a lot with those color combinations. I am not telling you to paint with RL, just look at the colors. You may be surprised at what they put together that works.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks