What's new

PAINT BALL...How much ammo? (1 Viewer)

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
My personal experience with paintball and best advice is to wear a cup. No matter how many balls you feel you need to take to the field, you always want to leave with at least two!

I've been hit there before (with a cup on), so trust me wear one just in case. And never take your mask off on the field, ever.

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
I wasn't wearing a cup, and boy did I regret it. It was at a good distance too, and I was hiding behind a pallet. The damn paintball didn't even burst which probably didn't help. According to our rules that didn't count as a hit, but I was out for that game.

Mark Shannon

Screenwriter

Agreed. My theory is that if the paintball does not burst, all of the energy is transmitted to you through one spot, making it hurt more. If it were to burst, the energy is spread in all directions, lessening the amount that you feel (though you still do feel quite a bit).

Justin Ward

Supporting Actor
When I play, I shoot about 400 rounds per 3-10 minute game. However, I am crazy and shoot as fast as 13 balls per second. A case of 2000 would be more than enough for a day of fun for two first timers. 1000 might even be enough.

Justin Ward

Supporting Actor
I've got a Kingman Spyder Imagine with 12" J&J Ceramic barrel, 12V revvy loader and new custom feed tube my uncle made. Soon I'm getting a check it sweet spot trigger, assault block VA and a Bob Long Torpedo Regulator.

Mark Shannon

Screenwriter
Nice. Right now all I have is a Tippmann 98 Custom with 14" Smart Parts Progressive barrel. AS I am left handed, and the hopper plus CO2 tank prevent me from aiming correctly, I'll soon be getting a remote line.

Justin Ward

Supporting Actor
Nice, I like Tippmanns too, very well built and perfect for woodsball. I too am left-handed, I think thats one of the reasons I like vertical feed.

ALthough it seems that most paintball guns are more southpaw friendly because most seem to cock in the center or on the left, whereas firearms tend to be on the right.

Mark Shannon

Screenwriter
That's one of hte main reasons I chose a Tippmann. Less maintenance, and very durable. One thing that proves to be my downfall though, after shooting, I typically move my finger up above the trigger, right where the safety is (which must be pushed from the LEFT side to lock it). I did this once, and missed a perfect chance to get someone, until they discovered where I was and got me.

Justin Ward

Supporting Actor
Since I have alot of experience shooting firearms the handling rules are very much 2nd nature to me. One time the following happens: I was running off the break to my closest bunker, however I trip on a shrub and fly forward and land on my face (I told my team it was a controlled slide....20 feet behind my bunker), anyway my gun did not fire. Not only that, my guns safety was off going in the fall but I had flicked it on during the fall:D . It is a very small switch so it wasn't a result of hitting the gound either. I can honestly say I've never acidentally fired my gun once, even with the trigger being lighter than the click on my mouse.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Resurrecting this thread... just got back from paintballing with friends, it was extremely fun. Only problem was everyone's facemasks would fog up. Do they make any type of mask with built in fans or something? I'm not sure a fog resistant coating would prevent my glasses from fogging up too.

Justin Ward

Supporting Actor
Yep, pretty much any mask better than low-end will have some sort of anti-fog system. I believe you can get a spray too, it may even work with your glasses. You can get fans but they tedn to be expensive(although you could use a computer case fan if you wanted)

I just got a new paintball marker setup this week:
Indian Creek Designs Bushmaster 2004 (B2K4)
eVLution 2 loader
14" black/red All American Barrel
68ci/3000psi HPA tank.

Mark Shannon

Screenwriter
Scott, most low end masks (ie, rental masks) fog up quite easily. There is in fact one mask that I know of that you can buy a fan for, which is the JT Proteus with optional Vortex fan. It's a waste of money if you ask me though. Just get some anti fog spray.

Nice setup Justin. I finally got my remote line. Now I just need a harness to hold the tank. I should have bought them together.

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
>>I just got a new paintball marker setup this week:
Indian Creek Designs Bushmaster 2004 (B2K4)
eVLution 2 loader
14" black/red All American Barrel
68ci/3000psi HPA tank.

Justin Ward

Supporting Actor
That seems like a pretty good woods/scenario gun. If I were you I'd stick with that JJ ceramic, I had one on my Sypder Imagine and let me tell you, in terms of performance you don't get any benefit going to the more expensive multi-piece barrels from the nice cheap one piece barrels in most cases. I just like the look of a 2 piece.

I just had my b2k out the other day and man does that thing rip, the trigger is amazing. I used to max out at 13bps because of my Spyder frame. Yesterday I managed to outshoot my eVLution loader (a 15+ bps loader), not a surprise I guess though as the gun has a 36 bps board.

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
>>That seems like a pretty good woods/scenario gun. If I were you I'd stick with that JJ ceramic, I had one on my Sypder Imagine and let me tell you, in terms of performance you don't get any benefit going to the more expensive multi-piece barrels from the nice cheap one piece barrels in most cases. I just like the look of a 2 piece.>I know you have an A5, which has a cyclone feed, allowing for faster ball delivery, but you also said you play woodsball. Usually tourney play requires speed, so I would expect someone in a tourney wanting those options. Why do you really need that advanced speed for your marker if you're only playing woodsball? Just curious.

Mark Shannon

Screenwriter
Wow, lucky you (or are you). The field I go to has a max speed of 230 fps. Balls go nowhere at that speed.

I understand now Jim. If you're still gonna play some speedball then it's a great idea to get teh E-Grip. Right now the only upgrade I'm looking at getting is a Rocket Cock for my 98 Custom. I've heard it quiets the gun a bit, and it makes it easier to cock. Also prevents paint from getting inside.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks