What's new

Packaging and LOTR: Two Towers Extended... (1 Viewer)

Jonny P

Supporting Actor
Was it just me, or is it really difficult to get the discs out of that thing?

I hate the holders in DVD box sets that are that funky thing that says "push", and we you try and lift our the disc you are just sure that you're gonna snap the thing in half.

Interestingly, the holders are different n the first set.

This set reminded me of the "Battlestar Galactica" complete series set.

I take an old CD-R and usually try to "work in" the clasp so that the discs come on and off easier. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Brice

Stunt Coordinator
It sure is better than the holders like Jurassic Park came in, i bent that disc so far before it finally came out. Was quite scary, but after the first time, it got easier.
Brice

Chet_F

Supporting Actor
"I take an old CD-R and usually try to "work in" the clasp so that the discs come on and off easier. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't."

That is a GREAT idea. Wonder why I didn't think of it.....duh :D

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
My only real beef with the package is the the thing that holds the discs in (the paper backing or whatever) seems a bit tight on the outer case. I kind of have to shake it to get it to slide out.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
You just have to press firmly on that middle clamping thing and the discs come out easily. Try using the end of a pen, not the writing end, so you can press on the center. At least that works on all DVD packages I've got. I have not opened my Tower Towers disc yet, if it's the same as the FOTR, then is should work.

Geo Gabor

Stunt Coordinator
I've noticed this as well. My FOTR packaging was great, but my TTT packaging leaves a bit to be desired. I have a tough time getting the guts of the thing out of the outer box. At least the movie makes the struggle worth it! :)

I've seen four Two Towers sets , and here's what I've found:

If the set has a very small, transparent "DISC MADE IN GERMANY" on the lower left of the paper backing that comes off the set, the discs themselves will have the shiny, mirror surface extend much farther to the discs center and they will be damn near impossible to get out. I have to bend these things in half no matter what I try!

The one set I purchased that did not have the GERMANY sticker on it has a cloudy transparent plastic inner ring on the disc, followed by a mirrored ring that is approximately the same width as the mirrored ring on the outside (much thinner than the GERMANY discs). These discs had just the right "hold" in the package, very similar to the Fellowship sets I have seen.

Jim*F

Stunt Coordinator
The first Two Towers EE I bought at Best Buy had a Disc 4 with way too much "mirror" around the disc center, and content side of the disc was very scratched. I returned the set, and luckily had to open the replacement in the store -- it had the same problem, but on Disc 3!! The customer service rep was very nice and let me mix-and-match to make a correct 4-disc set!!

Yes, that's another thing... all three Germany sets (large mirror ring) had scracthes (minor though), while the non-Germany set was perfect.

Kai Zas

Second Unit
My TTT extended edition had the paper on the back glued-on too good. The paper tore almost immediately and now I'm stuck with pieces of paper on my fake-leather-case. Damn shame. Why don't they just stick to the snot? The snot comes off easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks