1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Overkill setup for small room?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by ionicoverdose, Jan 11, 2012.

1. ionicoverdose

ionicoverdose Member

I will mention i picked the onkyo 609 for 3d and when i play blu-ray i will hear it in its intended form. I plan on getting Onkyo TX-NR609 7.2 Channel Network THX Certified A/V Receiver with Energy 5.1 Take Classic Home Theater System. Would this be overkill for a bedroom size 11x11x11x11 perfectly square room. I would be watching the TV from my bed which is only 2 feet from the wall, so i would not be in the center of the room and i would be closer to the speakers on my right side. I would have to get 2 stands for the speakers since my computer desk is blocking the one corner. i also have dresser in the room. Should i just go with 2 floor speakers instead? i figured for the price of 2 good floor speakers i can get the Energy 5.1 Take Classic Home Theater System which has really good reviews.

2. apn73

apn73 Well-Known Member

If you plan on moving into a different room or expanding the system in the future it sure won't be. If you don't have to have home theatre right away, then go with two fronts and a center channel. Bookshelfs on stands offer a lot of flexibility and then you have a good music system as wall as a good system to watch movies on.