What's new

Outlaw has reduced the price of 950 pre-pro to $799 (1 Viewer)

DanaA

Screenwriter
Even though I don't own it, it's hard to deny Outlaw's excellent price/product ratio. Now, it's even better. Anyone wanting to taste the separates route, but not having the money to go the $3000+ route for a pre-pro has a pretty viable option here.

Also, they announce that, later this year, they are releasing a two channel receiver, at 75 watts/channel, in the under $600 range.

Sorry if this was already posted.

Alan Pummill

Screenwriter
OK...so I bought my 950 on 05/20/03 and I received it on 05/27/03. I hope Outlaw will honor this new price for people like myself that are still in the "return" window. The web site states 30 days from receipt, so I still have a couple of weeks.

I am calling them tomorrow and asking for a $100 rebate. I would hate to have to return my $899 model for a $799 model.

Packy, I hope this doesn't happen. Can you find out about a possible rebate, as there are several people on the HTF that have recently bought an Outlaw 950, some because of my "Receiver vs. Pre/Pro" thread.

DanaA

Screenwriter
I had been thinking about the same thing.

Two thoughts:

(1) Given Outlaw's outstanding reputation for being consumer oriented, I'll bet they respond positively to your request.

(2) For those that are beyond the thirty day trial period, things like this happen. You have to remember that you got one of the best, perhaps the best, deal in pre-pros for dollar value. Yes, you had to spend $100 more than the current price, but you still did well. Besides, you've been able to use the equipment that much longer.

As before with the 950 with Outlaw and certain other companies, I'm always impressed when a company isn't greedy and passes savings along to the consumer.

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
Maybe they just want to unload a bunch of them.Still , I hope you get a 100 dollar rebate Alan, or maybe they'll extend your warrenty or service agreement at least.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Alan:

It sure doesn't hurt to give them a call and ask them since you just picked this up.

Parker

DaleBesh

Stunt Coordinator
Bought mine on 6/02! ..so how do I feel? Well, did get $50 knocked off as a previous customer already, but it could not hurt to ask for more, or some 'goody'.
I am not about to return for $20 shipping, and then reorder it to get a discounted price.
Since I am technically asking for $50 off, not $100 maybe they will be amenable to a pair of cables, etc.

DaleBesh

Stunt Coordinator
They are a standup company, and probably should have considered such a policy before the price change. But it's not too late. For those picking up a 950 now at the lower price I can only say it was always a great deal, now it's just a little better.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Greetings,

Let me interject my thoughts...

Ive known all the Outlaws since the inception of the company. I was a beta tester for the 950 and was scheduled to work the San Francisco show for them until my wife announced she was pregnant and due to deliver (she is now at 41.5 weeks and still holding on :-( ). I was even given the previledge of sitting in on a design meeting for the new retro receiver.

Outlaw Audio has a long history of consistantly going above and beyond for their customers. If you are within a 30 day window from your purchase give them an email or a phone call and discuss the issue with them. I am confident they will do whatever it takes to make you a satisfied customer.

Please remember that the email and the notification of the price drop occurred while the entire Outlaw crew was in San Francisco. GUYS...THEY ARE STILL OUT THERE!!! As with other trade shows, the employees will be packing up gear on Sunday evening and Monday AM then be returning home. I fully expect them to be in the office on Tuesday.

Im guessing the price drop is to stay competitive as new products hit the market. The 950 has always been a competitively priced product, and now for $799 there is nothing comparible to it, especially if you do a combo deal and get an amp and the interconnects!

Regards,

Gregg Loewen

Claude M

Stunt Coordinator
So if I buy a set of cables from them I'll become part of the "family". This will get me $50 bucks off? That can't be?

Alan Pummill

Screenwriter
Thanks Gregg,

I've tried calling them this morning and you are correct, they haven't returned from Frisco yet. I will try again tomorrow.

BTW, My Elite is still looking great!!

Terry Flink

Stunt Coordinator
I am one of those who finally decided to get the Model 950 because of Alan's previous thread after waiting for almost 2 years. I have a programming issue with my remote that I emailed the Outlaws about and included an inquiry about a possible $100.00 credit due to my order falling within the 30 day window. Now I sit patiently, waiting for a reply...

IraSWeiss

Stunt Coordinator
I just opened up the July/August Stereophile Guide to Home Theater, who gave the 950/770 pair an excellent review starting on page 67. The price on the 950 per the review (in two places) - $799.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Guys,

I just remembered what the Outlaws did when the 1050 receiver was reduced from 599 to 499, they offered a $100 rebate to all that had ordered the receiver within a 30 day window. There is no reason to think they would do otherwise with the 950 and its $100 price drop.

Keep the faith, and wait for the Sherriff and the rest of the gang to return to ranch ?? (or is it the Saloon? Jail?).

Gregg

DanaA

Screenwriter
They really are pretty amazing price wise. $1698 for the 950 and a 7 channel amp is a great way to step into the wonderful world of separates. Furthermore, it, imo, is gonna put some pressure on other pre-pro companies, especially their clones, to do the same.

I'm very happy with my Rotel, but the Outlaw is mighty attractive at this price. I hope that, at some point in the future, they come out with an even higher end model to compete feature/performance wise with $3000+ pre-pros, but at about 1/3 less price. I'd like to have an Outlaw alternative available for when I move up to the next level.

And maybe even make it a purdy thing. :)

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Dana:

Personally I think the 950 already competes with the $3,000+ preamps. Now when they come out with the next generation pre-amp I expect it will not only compete but exceed them at about 1/3 the price.

As far as looks go. I will take a blank no frills pre-amp that kills as far as performance goes over a pretty looking one that is limited in its performace for more money any day of the week.

Parker

DanaA

Screenwriter

Can't wait. I'll be buying. :)

From my first pre-pro buying experience this last year, I've learned that this is one complicated piece of equipment. Thus, before I buy my next one, I'm going to give it quite a few months to work out all the bugs. I know early buyers of Rotels, Outlaws, just about any pre-pro out there had early game difficulties. So, for me, I'm going to force myself to be patient, even though it will be very trying on my impulsive nature.

As for now, I don't think anyone can touch the dollar value of the Outlaw.

Alan Pummill

Screenwriter
I spoke with Melissa at Outlaw late this morning. She said that the powers that be were not back from San Francisco yet. She also stated that she was expecting calls like mine when the price drop occurred. She took my name and other information and said that as soon as a decision was made that she would contact me. I expect to hear something tomorrow.

I will keep you posted!!

Alan Pummill

Screenwriter
Just got off the phone with Outlaw. I spoke first to Scott, and then to Melissa. Here is what they are doing. If you have purchased your 950 within 30 days, they will credit your account for $100 or offer you a $150 credit toward Outlaw products for the next year, I think.

What a great company to deal with!!

What a great product for $799!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kisanwiki
Recent bookmarks