What's new

Out of nowhere, Netflix streaming is going nuts on my Sony BDP-S570. Very frustrating! (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Okay, I bought this player back in February, connected it to my network and have been enjoying Netflix streaming ever since...until this past weekend. Suddenly, when I try to watch anything, including SD material, it will play for a couple of minutes before it pauses and I get the cursed buffering, will do that for a couple of minutes, play for another five minutes before buffering again. Now, I have checked, rechecked and checked again everything, my network which is running at up to 25mbps, is fine, my BD player is fine since it plays everything else perfectly, Hulu Plus, Crackle and Youtube all play flawlessly. I recycled the power supply on both my router and my player to no avail, I even went so far as to buy a 16gb thumb drive for my player in hopes of boosting it's memory but nope, didn't work. I called both Verizon and Netflix but neither one of them could give me any advice that was of any help, what's worse is that I did my own research and the people that I've come across who have the same issues have seemingly come to the realization that the cause cannot be found and a solution cannot be had aside from either canceling Netflix or buying a new BD player. This particular brand of technical difficulty is what really pisses me off, I don't mind that things fail but don't tell me there is no cause and there is nothing I can do to fix it aside from canceling my Netflix streaming. I was told by the Netflix rep that "Yeah, this problem does tend to pop up out of nowhere." Uh huh...why??? That makes no sense when you consider that I have not changed a thing on my system, not a single thing, so for neither party to know or acknowledge what's happening makes this all the more infuriating. They keep saying that it's me, something on my end but it isn't...sigh. I'm at my wits end, I don't want to cancel Netflix but if this mysterious streaming problem for which there seems to be no solution is a permanent thing than I may not have a choice, I'm not paying $16.00 or whatever bucks for a service that I can no longer use and I refuse, absolutely REFUSE to go back to a disc only plan with them.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I updated the player a couple of weeks ago and to be honest I don't think I tried to watch any streaming until this past weekend, that could be the culprit. But how do I fix that?

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
You could contact Sony tech support to see if this is a known issue with the new firmware. I doubt there is any way to install an older firmware version if this ends up being the cause, but Sony should be able to answer that definitively.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks