What's new

Our Gang Collection, 80 shorts, Oct. 28 (1 Viewer)

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
Great news, but no additional details. The press release can't be far behind if the pre-order is already up.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a chronological set. I'll end up buying it either way though.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Thanks for the Amazon heads up, Brent. $62 for this set is a steal and my order has been placed. For those looking for it on Amazon please be advised it's listed under "The Little Rascals" and not "Our Gang".

MarkY - thanks for your very informative post #39. There seems to be a lot of folks in the L&H community who believe the rights have stayed with Hallmark. At issue is the fact when it was announced in 2006 that the Roach library was being sold back to RHI there were very few details provided about the specifics of the sale and exactly which parts of the library were sold.

Given that the Hallmark L&H DVDs are now OOP I would think that bolsters the argument in favor of the properties being sold to RHI.

Either way, if this OUR GANG set does well, it's gotta improve the chances for a bona fide R1 L&H release. Rob Stone at UCLA has indicated that the original materials are being well cared for and some restoration work has been done/will be done on certain of the titles. The potential exists for some really fine DVDs to be made.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Would someone kindly post a direct link to this set on Amazon please?

I have scoured three pages of LITTLE RASCALS cheap-o sets on
Amazon without finding the $62 offer for October release.

Thanks

Garysb

Senior HTF Member

You are assuming the price will not change before the next DD sale. Prices at DD go up and down all the time. Therefore it could be more or less expensive by the time of the next sale.

PTJF

Auditioning
Real Name
Paul F.

A list was posted on another forum by Joe Moore a while ago, of all the Hal Roach-Pathe films still under copyright. It would seem that all the Pathe Our Gang films from SEEING THE WORLD (#55) to THE SMILE WINS (#66) are under copyright. (Numbers as listed in the Leonard Maltin/Richard W. Bann book.)

God Bless --
PAUL F.

Jeffrey Nelson

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeffrey Nelson
WOW...awesome news! And I was THIS close to knuckling under and buying boots of the old Cabin Fever releases...I'm so glad I held out!

Now, if Laughsmith can get its release of the silents out the door, if RHI releases the L&H talkies properly, and if Michael Agee can get it together with the L&H silents (which are, maddeningly, already remastered and done), then Hal Roach will be smiling in Film Comedy Producer Heaven.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member

Wow, that is some great price! I'm inches away from pre-ordering myself, but I wonder if I should wait to hear reviews first? I mean, you never know...

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
I'm tempted also but I think I'll hold off until I read some reviews. It still shouldn't be too late to find similar deals on the set.

buttmunker

Second Unit
Real Name
Mike
It has similar artwork/design as the Popeye sets, so I think it will be in date order...which is very well.

Finally! "Pigskin Palooka" (Alfalfa as fake football hero, forced into a situation he created, only to emerge the hero at the football game due to gum stuck to the football - classic)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I still can't believe these shorts are coming out.
Never thought we'd ever see a complete set like
this on DVD.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson

I wish! I've been tracking their website for about 4 years now. The only positive thing is that they recently re-designed their website, so hopefully that's a good sign.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart

Hopefully it's not publicity BS on the remastering... even the L&H DVDs had "digitally remastered" on the front.

(I like how they swiped the "From original masters" logo from Warner's Popeye DVDs)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks