What's new

Original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Vol 2 question (1 Viewer)

JasonLa

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
I got this DVD and opened it up to start watching. To my suprise the episodes are at 22:15 or less running times. Vol 1 was at 22:45 give or take at most 5 seconds. I never see anything said of the running times or if indeed the episodes are uncut. I had 2 episodes on VHS (FHE Cat # 23978) I picked up at a flee market some time ago and if I recall I didn't notice anything missing in the comparison And I have 1 episode on VHS (FHE Cat # 27319) that is on this DVD and will be comparing them after I post this.

But anyways my question is weren't all shows from this time 25 minutes or more?

John*D

Second Unit

Maybe originally it was longer with BUMPERS?

Since it's a cartoon, they may have spent more time with commercials promoting food/toys to kids.

JasonLa

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
Well comparing the one episode that was on the VHS it and the DVD are the same. I know bumpers wouldn't add minutes to the show since there was only 1 or 2 comercial breaks and bumpers were only a few seconds. Assume there was a PSA for each episode that could account for 30 seconds. Still leaving some possible 2 minutes of material. Gargoyles which aired starting in 94 had 23 minute episodes so I would expect at least 24 minutes for TMNT since were talking 87-88 6 years earlier.

I'm paranoid with every DVD I buy and after looking for info prior to buying these I found nothing on them but I've begun to question if they are complete based on running times. I honestly don't know if the comercial VHS tapes I have from the flee markets are complete.

Has anyone compared the DVDs to original airing recordings? Or otherwise can confirm the completeness?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.