1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Original Alien score =

Discussion in 'Music' started by Oliver_A, Aug 8, 2008.

1. Oliver_A

Oliver_A Well-Known Member

Hello Mr. Lauzirika,

is their any chance that the original Alien score might reappear on one of the next home video releases? It was present on the 1999 Alien 20th Anniversary DVD set as a seperate audio track, which brings up the interesting question if there is any possibility to mix this track with the dialogue and sfx? Perhaps this feature could somehow be incorporated as a tribute to Jerry Goldsmith, because frankly, I am quite shocked how much of his ingenious score has been edited/deleted from the final release of Alien.

Thanks, and have a nice day,

Oliver Achten

2. Dharmesh C

Dharmesh C Well-Known Member

3. Jo_C

Jo_C Well-Known Member

I almost bought the most recent issue of the Alien DVD with the intended isolated score, but since I now have the Intrada CD issue of this same intended score...but I would not mind a blu ray containing this isolated score at all, warts and all. I don't care if it doesn't match the film, but still a nice curio for score fans.

4. Ray_R

Ray_R Well-Known Member

I own both the 20th Anniversary Edition DVD and Collector's Edition 2-Disc of ALIEN. Feels like a 3-Disc Ultimate Edition.
    I mean with Blu-ray I don't see why they can't? I was born the same year ALIEN was released and of course I'd purchase it on Blu-ray, of course with the supervision of it being produced by Charlie himself.

5. Ray_R

Ray_R Well-Known Member

One more thing! If ALIEN could have all the extras from the 20th Anniversary DVD, 2-Disc and the Laserdisc onto a BD25 or BD-50, that'd be great. Of course I'd want the audio extras for the film to be on the film disc. For the deleted scenes and a majority of the filmed extras I'd like them to be in 1080i/p. Disc 1 should be the film seamlessly branched with DTS-HD Master Audio with the audio commentaries, isolated scores and alternate production audio.
    For the rest of the ALIEN series, I'd buy ALIENS and ALIEN3. I'd stay away from ALIEN: Resurrection.

6. John CW

John CW Well-Known Member

Whatever happened to the uncut version of the documentary on Alien3? I heard it came close to being released, but was edited at the last minute :(

(Sorry for being slightly OT)

Edit: It appears that it's quite obvious what happened to it, and very sad it is, too.

:(