What's new

Ordered your Region 2 copy of DON'T LOOK NOW yet? (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I am anxious for Paramount to release this in the states, but in the meantime, the film will be released March 27 on a German DVD, anamorphic and all. I ordered it (with much difficulty) from the AMAZON German site. It could be years before Paramount gets around to this for Region 1. Can't wait!

Chuck Blair

Agent
Sorry to hear the March 27th date. I have a friend in Germany this week and I told him to make sure to pick up a copy of Don't Look Now while he was over there. Now I guess I'll have to wait for my aunt, she'll be visiting Germany in late April.

Julian Lalor

Supporting Actor
Will this title have irremovable German subtitles when you select English audio, as some other German DVDs do? If so, I'll pass; if not, I'd be interested.

Anthony Thorne

Supporting Actor
From what I've read, the company releasing it usually features removable subtitles on their DVD's. (It is DVD we're talking about, not VHS...) I hope people will review the disc here once they get it...

anybody get their copy yet of Don't Look Now?
huh?
huh?
biggrin.gif

------------------

Well, now you people have gotten me interested...
Can you recommend this movie? Are there movies with similar motives or style which it can be compared to?
Would you suggest that I buy the DVD without having ever seen the film or should I go for a rental first?
Btw: The subtitles on the DVD are optional, so no problem here. The overall quality seems to be acceptable for a movie this old.
For more information take a look here: (German only!) http://www.dvd-center.de/_dvds/displ...ng.asp?id=2666
Florian
------------------
"No man dies for what he knows to be true. Men die for what they want to be true,
for what some terror in their hearts tells them is not true."
[Oscar Wilde]

Florian - what site is that? it has a different picture - of the cover? - than that shown on Dvd Station and Amazon.
No questions asked - Don't Look Now is one of the most bone-chilling thrillers as it plays upon the viewer's mind by suggesting an apparent psychic connection between the various characters as the events unfold. Plus it involves one of the hottest yet oddest screen couplings in film history, between Sutherland and Christie.
A definite Roeg must have, what with his use of colors in an otherwise very drab world, esp. in of all places, Venice, city of ? death ? as it sinks into the ocean, and Sutherland's character being an "old church" artwork restorer.
Definitely a must see.
------------------

DVD-Center.de is a quite known and extensive german site for DVD reviews and news. I use it as my primary source of information on german R2-DVDs.
As far as the cover is concerned: The one shown on dvd-center.de is the one I saw in shops, so that's the one you are most likely to get. I haven't seen the one featured on Amazon.
One question on the movie though: I hope it does not run in the same vein as "The Exorcist"... a totally forgetable movie. (IMO)
Florian
------------------
"No man dies for what he knows to be true. Men die for what they want to be true,
for what some terror in their hearts tells them is not true."
[Oscar Wilde]

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks