What's new

Optoma HD70 versus Mitsubishi HD1000U, good budget 720P projector for $200-500 (1 Viewer)

Al Roeth

Agent
Our budget for a replacement projector(our old InFocus business class unit finally died) is miniscule, and we typically aren't early adopters or buyers of the latest greatest.... so a 720p projector that is a generation back presents a good buy for us.

Reading through various posts here and the AVSforum it seems like three projectors from this vintage(ca 2006) come to the fore:

InFocus IN72
Optoma HD70
Mitsubishi HD1000U

All can be had used from $200-500, and our budget is really closer to the $200-300 range.

We have a dedicated theater room, medium sized(approx 12' x 25'), in our basement that is quite dark so ultra high lumens and contrast isn't the top issue. Although we will primarily watch movies(DVD, no BluRay yet), we will play some game consoles. Color quality and transition is probably the most important along with contrast.

Does anyone have any practical/in-person experience between these models, or even have an alternate model of the same price/performance class to recommend?

Thanks,
Al

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
I've had my HD1000 for almost 3 years, and it's been great. I never had a problem with it. I wouldn't buy a used projector unless you know the person, or you can check it out in person.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks