What's new

Optoma HD70 affordable 16x9 40-50 inch screen??? (1 Viewer)

Dean L

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, thats right. In the 40 to 50 inch range.
My current situation I will only be sitting apprx 6 and a half feet from the screen. My living situation will probably change in the next year and then I plan on upgrading to a larger screen, so I'd like to get something affordable in the above size range to tide me over.
And as far as screens, I'd like to have the screen above ground at apprx 17 to 19 inches and my ceiling is 8 feet, how high woud I have to mount the projector?
I know very little about screens, but I have heard pull down screens are out of the question (subject to wrinkles), wall mounting is also out of the question, are there screens with adjustable stands?
Anything out there meet my needs for an affordable price?

Also kind of related, is Optoma still offering the $200 rebate for the HD70?

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
I would just paint the wall for the screen. I don't know about the rebate. Just
contact Optoma or their website.

Dean L

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the reply Jim.

I posted some pictures below.

What I really wanna do is put a screen in front of my old CTR TV pictured below. Just use a simple stand for the screen on my stand pictured below. Then for daytime (it gets bright in my room during the day with the window) and casual viewing still use my old school TV.

Does anyone sell a 16x9 screed in the above size range? Anyone know if it would be pretty easy to just build my own screen and if it would be difficult?

Also in my second picture, you can see how far back I am with the reflection. With that, do any of you know how high the projector would need to be be mounted above me? (The stand seen for the TV that I would put the screen on is 19 inches high)

l_8e6f240ceed42be7f1062e311764c54c.jpg

l_c93085ff2106b2c178e7330b5ddd0f9e.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks