What's new

Option B... PB2-Ultra (1 Viewer)

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
With the shipping date getting ever so close on the new Black PB2-Ultra, I was wondering "Who's in the boat on this one"? Any takers out there? What were your reasons for doing so? Do you run a SVS sub now or have you in the past? Any pics?

As for myself, I sold my three 25-31CS+'s and QSC 1450 amp so I could go for the new black 2-U. Come to think of it, I sent the PC-Ultra back also. All subs have proven to be great performers and I have full confidence in the PB2-Ultra. As for reasoning? I want dual Ultra drivers along with the filter and built in Bash amp. This will enable me to run in the 16-20-25Hz tune as I see fit, depending on material and have the needed headroom to do so.

Here is a pic of my last set-up (Thank you for your help yet once again Ed) and as you can see I need a little headroom with placement being so close to openings. There is another entrance and opening to the left not shown also.
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...hreadid=204166

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
I will order a PB2-Ultra in black before the initial period is up (probably this weekend actually). Just too good of a deal to pass up. I figure this will probably be my last sub. :)

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
I figure this will probably be my last sub.
__________________________________________________ ____

Do you really think so Kevin?;) Well thats what you told your wife anyway.:)

It definitely would be a good choice in a last sub though. No denying that.

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
I had my last sub for about 4 years. One reason why it took me so long to decide to change (I have actually been eyeing the PB2+ since last fall), is somehow getting rid of the old one. (Size and weight: about 18" cube, 80 lbs.) The PB2-Ultra is so much bigger and heavier, it will probably take me at least twice as long to ever consider getting rid of it. :)

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
I'm in the same boat as Jon W. I'll buy one however, it's just a matter of when(probably Jan/Feb 05).

Matt G.

Agent
I am upgrading my PB2-Plus for the PB2-Ultra. I loved my Plus, but I want to know I have the very best that SVS offers in terms of quality bass. I hope its my last sub too.

I sold the Plus a few weeks ago...it is an agonizing wait without SVS bass!

KeithY

Stunt Coordinator
Various pb2 ultra photos

I have a fairly large room, 18ftx35ft with 14ft vaulted
ceiling and 3lrg openings into other rooms. The 2ultra
more than fills the room...and the house...and the
yard...and the neighbors yard...

My wife loves the color(white oak) but not the size, she
still say it looks like a little fridge.

KevinHunt

Stunt Coordinator
I just yesterday sold my PB2-ISD for the express reason of picking up the Ultra. I still have my pair of trusty 46CS+s though so luckily I'm not bassless. Hey I've got to watch the trilogy this weekend :)

SandellV

Auditioning
yeah...im waiting for the pb2 ultra too...i hope they will ship before the oct 1 deadline....i currently have 2 klipsch rsw 15s, and the pb2 plus (i sold it to my neighbor down the street..but his wife made him return it...oh well...ill keep it)....i will post pics of all the subs together when i get the ultra...

Scott Goldsmith

Stunt Coordinator
I am also waiting for the Ultra, I sold off my dual 20-39 CS's to fund it. I have had 3 cylinders, the dual CS's and a 20-39 PC+, they all amazed me everytime, I can't even begin to imagine the PB2-Ultra, it's my first box sub from SVS, so I will see :D

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
>>Upgrade bug will not stop.

Congratulate Steve The PB2-Ultra is so much bigger and heavier, it will probably take me at least twice as long to ever consider getting rid of it.>I want one so bad but just not gonna be able to raise the cash.:frowning:I'll buy one however, it's just a matter of when(probably Jan/Feb 05).I sold the Plus a few weeks ago...it is an agonizing wait without SVS bass!http://photobucket.com/albums/v24/weezR/PB2Ultra/>dual CS's and a 20-39 PC+, they all amazed me everytime, I can't even begin to imagine the PB2-Ultra, it's my first box sub from SVS, so I will see

Jon W.

Stunt Coordinator

Well I have two Klipsch KSW-15s now and they provide serious impact but don't have the sound quality I'm looking for. It's just a matter of time before I sell them. I would like to get the Ultra to improve quality and not lose impact. Sadly the B4 is way outta my price range and entirely to huge for my room.

terence

Supporting Actor
Congrats Steve! :emoji_thumbsup:

I'm happy for you buddy, even though i really wanted to see the 4 25-31CS+'s set-up is now no more than a dream. Oh well can't wait to hear your thoughts when you get your PB2-U running.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
>>It's just a matter of time before I sell them. I would like to get the Ultra to improve quality and not lose impact.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
B8 Ultra :D
__________________________________________________ _____

With the added $500 shipping conus it would present;)

Jon W.

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah steve, you pretty much nailed it. I guess the biggest thing I'm after is response below 25 Hz.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
I guess the biggest thing I'm after is response below 25 Hz.
__________________________________________________ _____

I can sure understand that Jon and what a difference it makes. With selling both of your KSWs and a few $$hundred, you ought to do fairly well in a SVS option that would be a very nice upgrade?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks