What's new

Optical cables (1 Viewer)

mike_p_t

Agent
So my Sony DAVC700 Home Theater in a box, DVD player somehow got all messed up. It still works, but the picture is all messed up. I decided to purchase a new DVD player, and use the Sony as a receiver. So I get a JVC progressive scan player. I then go to Circuit City to get an optical cable. There was a Monster Cable for 19.99 and another Monster cable for 89.99. I pick the less expensive one. When I switch on Dolby Digital or anything else its fine. When I switch to DTS, it keeps cutting out and kind of “pops”. Any idea what this could be? Do I need to purchase the more expensive cable?

Thanks!

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
NO! Don't buy the more expensive one...you already paid a premium price for the "regular" Monster and the expensive one won't help.

Sounds like you may need to double check your DTS setting on your receiver and make sure you have all the appropriate audio settings done on your DVD player.

Have you tried another DTS disc?

Maybe you can borrow a friends DVD player and see if sound pops..if it does, chances are the receiver is messed up some how.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks