What's new

Oprah Upset By Hermes Snub And Weak Apology (1 Viewer)

Lynda-Marie

Supporting Actor
I just checked this thread out, and wow!

First, we get Oprah whining about not being able to get into a store after hours. GET OVER IT, OP!!

Secondly, we get a more horrifying and shocking incident in terms of customer service, and that's the treatment of Chu and his son at Burger King.

Good on you and your son, Chu. There is ABSOLUTELY no excuse for that manager to make like the Grand High Wizard of the KKK just because someone, NO MATTER his/her ethnicity, wants what they paid for. Give 'em hell!

I would just love to see Chu and his son on Oprah's show, and Oprah sweating as she tries to portray HER incident as the more shocking, traumatic and racist than what Chu and his son experienced.

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Is Oprah really that famous on a worldwide basis? Is her show even shown in France?

I just wonder. Is the staff of Hermes expected to remember the face of every single "celebrity" on the planet?

Personally, I think letting Tom Cruise go bonkers on her sofa was more humiliating.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph

Let's see!! She probably has helped more people (poor and otherwise) than you could dream of doing in your lifetime. This quote defines who you are.

Jason Hughes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Hughes
:rolleyes

Wow people don't get sarcasm. I'm ragging on her because she is making an international incident out of a non-incident. She's a cry-baby, plain and simple.

Amen to that.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
And you know this because?

You may also want to look up the definition of "sarcasm".

--
H

brentl

Senior HTF Member
"She probably has helped more people (poor and otherwise) than you could dream of doing in your lifetime. This quote defines who you are."

I would think the companies were more than happy, and GAVE her every prize she ever gave away. She's not giving money out of her pocket.

Brent

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
again ... :rolleyes

----

and that, is the first time (that i can think of) that i've fired off two rolleyes emoticons at the same person in the same thread ... and i've posted a lot of threads! :)

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
yes, she is ... and a lot of it. she's one of the top 60 charitable donors last year ... giving around 50-million to her charitable branch.

http://slate.msn.com/id/2112693/

yes, the companies that give her stuff on the show are not stupid either. wifey tells me that when a product is advertised (or given away) on her show, they immediately become very hot sellers. so yeah, the companies win ... and the studio audience gets something cool for free.

i could care less about that. what i appreciate is her charitable efforts.

and on that note, i'm done ... i can't believe i've put this much attention into this thread. :laugh:

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
You're assuming that whatever triffles she gives away on her show to soccer moms is the sum of her charitable deeds.

Ted's link shows her as #24 donor in America.

Forbes says she is the #215th wealthiest person in America.

I wish I could find the link which said she gave 13% of her income away last year.

Useless indeed.

--
H

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
i dont particularly like oprah, but i wouldnt exactly call her useless. anyone who manages to donate considerable funds cant be all that bad, even when they are whining on tv about this or that. i find that people attack bill gates in the same way. sure, there were some business practices that everyone did not agree with, but i think some people sometimes forget he is easily the world's most generous philanthropist.

CJ

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Funny it hasn't been mentioned yet, I read in the news reports that Hermes did indeed know who she was, saying at the door something to the effect "we know who you are".

Oprah's claim is that she saw other people in the store shopping, whether these "shoppers" were part of the private event or not, however, is not clear. If they were, then fair play to Hermes for not bending the rules for a celeb, but if the shoppers were also third-parties, then Hermes has a little fiasco on its hands...

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Jason,
Your harsh comments didn't go over well and IMO, reflected badly on you. However, if you don't care what other members think of you and your point of view then I guess there is nothing else to say besides you using the rolleyes smilie to re-enforce your previous comments.

Crawdaddy

Jeff Blair

Second Unit
Yee-Ming beat me to it. I hadn't heard about this until my wife told me about it. From what I heard, for what good that is, She was not allowed in because she was black. Now then, I didn't hear that it was past there closing time. I did hear that they did know who she was. She is a big name in the world, not just the US. Now then if I had a store, and someone wanted to spend $20k+, I would ask them if they wanted me to jump up and down on one foot while they did. ;) I think this is turning into a "He said she said" type of deal. From what y'all are saying is that the cameras did show her there 15 min after they closed. But, there is no recording. So we may never know what was really said.

And, Chu, all I have to say to you is, way to go. I would think I would have liked to have been there when he got the call. :D I'm glad to hear that something good came out of it. I know most big companys don't tolerate that kind of thing AT ALL.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Of course none of us (well probably none of us) have met you.

It is interesting however, that when people respond accurately to what is written that some members take offense to such responses because of not knowing the writer.

The sum total that any of has to evaluate other members is by what they post. It follows that no one should be surprised that they are considered only in light of their posts.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
"Insulting racism comes from anyone, regardless of their color or origin"

Very true and it shouldnt be tolerated.

"Oprah's claim is that she saw other people in the store shopping, whether these "shoppers" were part of the private event or not, however, is not clear. If they were, then fair play to Hermes for not bending the rules for a celeb, but if the shoppers were also third-parties, then Hermes has a little fiasco on its hands"

Its also common for stores to not allow new customers in while trying to get the ones already in the store out.I cant think of any stores that would allow me in the door 15 minutes after closing.

Personally, I cant stand the woman(or Holier than Thou followers). Where any of the other people shopping black? Do they have other black customers?Why ask her to come back the next day?

Sorry but I think the racism claim here is BS and hurtful. Who needs to hear this crap with everything else going on in the world. IMHO it makes her come across as self absorbed with a huge ego.

"Asking whether you and I would be turned around is missing the point. The question is whether or not Paris Hilton would have been treated in that fashion"

Well since when is not recognizing a celebrity a crime? Or something worth standing on a high horse shouting racism about(without all the facts)?

Did she say "Im Oprah W?" Did a employee say "I know who you are but...." Did the employee really not recognize her?

Drew Bethel

Screenwriter

Interesting that you're willing to come to this conclusion WITHOUT having all of the facts. Very interesting...

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Why is it interesting? Its based on available info.

Notice the questions I posed? Why such little inormation for a incident that happened 2 weeks ago?

Based on the info "available now", yes that is my current opinion.That it is BS.

And if she is screaming racism without all the facts, then yes I think that is hurtful.

Users who are viewing this thread