1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Oppo Upconverting DVD Player

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by mjr, Apr 13, 2007.

1. mjr

mjr Agent

Does anybody know if this upconverting dvd player will play HD dvd's? I've researched the product but either I'm missing the info. or I haven't come accross the answer yet. This seems to be the highest rated (for the money) upconverting player. Does anybody have any pluses or minuses they've found in it's performance? Thanks!

2. Seth=L

Seth=L Screenwriter

It will not play HD-DVD discs.

Oppo has an outstanding reputation among budget upconverting universal players.

So far Toshiba is the only company that has HD-DVD Players on the market. The RCA is made by Toshiba and the LG is a dual format player (Blu-ray and HD-DVD), but it has problems apparently.

3. gojays_1

gojays_1 Stunt Coordinator

I had an issue with the 981. The farroujda processors it contains is not always compatible with all displays. I was getting macroblocking which is really annoying especially noticeable when watching dark scenes. I am taking it back and getting the 970 instead.

Do your research on this issue before you buy the Oppo and try to buy it at a reputable place where you can take it back if you need to.