What's new

Oppo 93 or keep Oppo 80 and add a cheap Panasonic for 3D capability? (1 Viewer)

DigitallyChalle

Auditioning
Real Name
David Newman
I need some advice from the Oppo experts. I have a BDP-80 but now I need a 3d capable player. My choice boils down to a BDP-93 for $500 or I could pick up a Panny DMP-BDT210 for around $120 and use it for 3d only while using the 80 for all other disks. I use a Lumagen Radiance processor. Rumor has it that a 93 replacement is due by end of this year and that also gives me pause. How does the dual player option sound? Will there be much difference is picture and sound quality via hidef codecs outputted in LPCM? What would you do? Thanks for the help, Dave

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Cosidering the rarity of 3D movies, I think spending much money to watch them is a little absurd. I have multiple players in all my systems. In fact, I have two of the 210s and it is a nice Ittle player. I actually got them "Like New" from Amazon for under $90 each, but since it was discontinued prices have actually gone up. I'd go that route, but maybe try to find a lower price.

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
I've got the new Panasonic 220 and I love this baby!! Blu-ray is excellent of course. Netflix streaming in 1080p looks beautiful. It also outputs 5.1 sound from Netflix, as well as subtitles.

dmiller68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David Miller
I have 30-40 Bluray 3D movies already and it has been what a year - year and half sense they really started to appear. I have the Panasonic DMP-BDT110 which replaced my Oppo BDP-80 and I have been really happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks