What's new

Opinions on this system package please. (1 Viewer)

mrpaseo

Agent
Real Name
Ray
After evaluating our future goals, it seems money is going to be tighter than I projected over the next 12 months. Fear not, this will not impeed the HT!!! This will however, cut into the HT budget. That said, I would like your opinion on this system.

Panasonic® (SC-PT760PX-K) 5.1-Channel Wireless Premium Sound DVD Theater w/ 5-Disc Changer
Price Was...$379.00
Price Now...$289.00
Save 23% off of original price!

(NOTE: I do not pay taxes from this location, and it will be free delivery)

Premium sound quality, from the highly rigid bamboo material in the center speaker, helps achieve an extremely pure, clean sound. A Kelton subwoofer system with a dual diameter structure delivers a deep, powerful bass. Whisper-mode surround allows you to enjoy rich surround sound even when watching movies at low volume. High-quality picture 1080p up-conversion function converts standard definition (720 x 480 pixels) images from DVD sources to high definition (1920 x 1080 pixels) images. The included wireless kit for rear speakers has no cables for no clutter. Built-in universal dock plays and charges your iPod®, while allowing you to use the home theater remote to control the onscreen audio menus. Easy to use and set up with VIERA Link™.

MODEL: SC-PT760PX-K

Includes:

Base unit (3 1/2"H x 6 1/2"W x 6 3/8"D)
Center channel (3 5/8"H x 10 5/8"W x 3 3/4"D)
Subwoofer (14 1/4"H x 7"W x 12 3/8"D)
Front speakers (44 1/4"H x 9 7/8"W x 9 1/4"D)
Back speakers (5 5/8"H x 3 5/8"W x 3 3/4"D)
Antenna cord
Remote w/ 2 batteries
AC cord / AC plug adapter
Video cord
Speaker cable
Color: Black

Power: 120-240V (switchable), AC, 50 / 60Hz

https://thor.aafes.com/wsICSImage/cl...jpg&type=large

Keep in mind, we have an old system inthe house. The receiver is about 15+ years old (It's not really a receiver, it's one of those package thingies that has all the componants grouped together) and a 32" TV that is about 10 years old (It's about 2.5 feet deep (yuck). My point is, this wil be a step up. Once our finances free up (We are planning to purchase a second home in 12 months) we can upgrade the HT and move this either to the living room or our daughters room.

So, your opinions please.
Thak you,
Ray

mrpaseo

Agent
Real Name
Ray
I really need to learn to proof read my threads :frowning:

Ironically I had to edit this post... twice :D

Kevin Stewart

Second Unit
Real Name
Kevin Stewart
I can't imagine that being better than what you already have.

Wait until you've saved the money and buy something nice.

mrpaseo

Agent
Real Name
Ray
Really? That bad huh? Educate me please, I don't know much about these systems.

Ray

Rhatphlegm

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt
Hmm, well, considering this is only for temporary use AND whatever you spend will be cutting into your eventual HT setup - then yeah, get this one for now and then move it to where ever later. Considering you could easily spend 10 times as much on whatever you eventually get, I'd try not to blow too much on one of these little out-of-the-box systems...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks