What's new

opinions on system?? (1 Viewer)

Phoenix

Agent
What do you think of this system?

Sony CDX-L550X
Rockford Fosgate FN2514 components (5 1/4 inch)
Rockford Fosgate HPC2369 (6x9)
Rockford Fosgate 500X (4 channel)
2-12" Infinity Reference 1230W (sealed)
(no sub amp yet)

So what do you guys think? Any comments would be great :)
I am going for SQ
note: all of this stuff I bought b/c it was an excellent price.

David.G

Stunt Coordinator
ditch the Sony and look to Pioneer if you're looking at that price range. If you want to go good SQ go find Alpine or better yet Eclipse. The RF's are ok but not great. Get CDT speakers all around. If you want i can give you an email for a dealer who'll get you good prices on them( i bought CDT tweets for 35$ that sell for 100$ on CDT webpage). The Infinitys are good subs but ED subs are same price and better performers in SQ and output. It was night/day when i switched from Infinity to ED.

KenWong

Stunt Coordinator
I agree on "most" with David on this one. Yes, Yes, most people, including myself will easily say that sony sucks for audio, especially in car audio, however, your headunit was made during the days when sony still made some half-decent stuff, so it's still pretty good. RF speakers are better than stock, but if you're looking for a "sq" set up, it isn't really a great performer then. CDT are really good, for their price, but if you're looking for something in a retail store, since it sounds though you got hooked up, I personally like MB quarts (expensive as hell though), Eclipse (which is what i'm getting), polks or boston (good for their price). There are a lot of good brands out there though, and it might be better for you to do a bit of testing before you install your speakers. Some of my coworkers would swear by JL speakers, (I love JL), but I find their speakers "okay," even their XR series don't impress me.

The subs are good for their price, easy to power, and pretty clean and nice. I'm not even going to give a recommendation for subs, being that there are soooo many brands/type out there.

Remember, these are my recommendations, if your system sounds good to you, then that's awesome, and I think that's what matters most.

Phoenix

Agent
The reason that I bought this stuff is that I knew a guy that had this stuff brand new. This is what I paid for them (canadian $)

Sony CDX-L550X ---> FREE
Rockford Fosgate FN2514 components ---> $100
Rockford Fosgate HPC2369 ---> $75
Rockford Fosgate 500X ---> $150
2-12" Infinity Reference 1230W ---> $100 ($50 ea w/box)

David.G

Stunt Coordinator
wow you got hooked up. I suggest spending 20-25$ to get an LP-1 CDT tweet remote which will greatly improve the SQ for your components. This allows you to cnotrol the sound of the tweets ensuring they don't overpower everything when the volume is turned up. I bought them for like 20-25$ a piece shipped. Look at CDT Audio if you want an explantion. Remember whatever they price you at, i can get it lower. The dealer i work with always has good prices. Like i said I got my TW-25t tweets for 35$ shipped when CDT's website states 100$ and there's nothing wrong or defects with them

Phoenix

Agent
Here is a pic of my stuff. low res pic, I know...

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member...60_21_full.jpg

What the deal with these tweets? Do they have a seperate crossover that will go to my components? OR do I have to remove my components tweeter? I don't really have any room to put another x-over but do these things really make that much of a difference?

David.G

Stunt Coordinator
the LP-1 remote is wired in between the crossover and the tweet. You just need to find a place on the dash to mount it in or some place to get access to it.

Sai

Auditioning
What are you using to power them infinity? I used to have 2 of them infinity ref in a sealed box just like yours. Mine was underpowered only 225wRMS to each sub but they pounded petty hard. I sold them to my friend and he gave it 400wRMS to each sub and they took them happy. It was very loud for the $150 that I sold it to him for.

Since you have a RF amp already get another RF amp and to give them atleast 300wRMS to each sub. They are rated at 350wRMS but should handle 400w if you becareful with your gain.

Im not a big fan of sony but if you got it for free why not.

Chris^C

Auditioning
Have you looked into kick panels? I added kick panels to my tahoe and they made a tremendous difference, even with kenwood dual-mags.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks