1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Opinions on Mirage OM-60 and OM-260's ?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by george_k, Dec 2, 2003.

1. george_k

george_k Active Member

Does anybody here own a pair of Mirage OMNI-60's or OMNI-260's? How are they comparable to other speakers say B&W DM602 or DM603?

*EDIT* I wrote the wrong speakers in the thread's title.

2. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Well-Known Member

There are some reviews over at ecoustics.com and also audiovideoreviews.com under the loudspeakers section. Also, a review in the latest SGHT.

I use the 60's for surrounds/rears in a 7.1 setup. I like them a lot. The omnipolar radiation pattern adds enough diffuseness to reduce localization as a problem, but the imaging doesn't suffer that much for multichannel music listening either.

3. Shane Morales

Shane Morales Well-Known Member

I have 50s and 250s. I've listened, quite a bit, to the 60s and 260s. I preferred the 260s to the B&W DM603.

Incidentally, I was down to choosing between Mirage OM7s and B&W CDM 9NT. I went with the mirages. The omni polar and clearer mids decided it for me.

My vote goes for the Mirage.

4. george_k

george_k Active Member

Shane,

How did the lower end compare between the B&W's and the Mirages, in both cases?

5. Shane Morales

Shane Morales Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say one had a better lower end than the other. I didn't really notice enough of a difference for it to be a factor. The B&Ws had a tighter low end, but I think that's more of a comparison between direct and omni-polar design.

Like I said, the real difference was the mid range and the omni polar sound.

6. MatthewJ S

MatthewJ S Well-Known Member

Some Pro-group Mirage dealers have the 60's at $299 a pair (halfprice) while the deal lasts.....

7. Lee M T

Lee M T Well-Known Member

Yeah, I got my Mirage Omni 60's for $299 a pair from Tweeter. The deal ended December 1st though. One hell of a deal. It's going to take a week or so before mine come in. They were sold out, of course. I was sure hoping Tweeter would have had the whole line for half-off. I would definately have tossed the Omni 250's into my room for $400. No question. [​IMG]

8. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Well-Known Member

Dang! I spent $500 a pair at my local dealer about 8 weeks ago...