What's new

Opinions on Athena AS-p400 for $230 shipped ... (1 Viewer)

Jason Hammerly

Supporting Actor
I am thinking about getting this for my secondary system. It looks nice and performs admirably and will be in the living room upstairs. Anything else you would condsider for this price? The DAyton is out because it just looks to drab and ugly. Anything that would perform as nicely with music and some movies as this? It will be matched up with the Athena point 5 setup. Thanks all.

Jason

DorianBryant

Screenwriter
I have the Dayton and I must say it is not that ugly or plain. It is a simple design. Does not look any worse than the Athena. I tested many subs myself. My dayton is well hidden as looks do not apply. Don't judge it by the picture alone. Very good build quality.

It will perform as well as the Athena, JBL E150 or Velo CHT-10.

Jason Hammerly

Supporting Actor
I had one actually, and sold it. It was too ugly, and I wasn't that blown away by the performance. It's a great value though for under $150. I just can't live with the big port on the front since it will be sitting right next to my TV. It just looks too cheesy for me. Seems like the performace is very similar to the Athena As-p400 though. I have tried the Dayton in my home, but not the Athena. I did fiddle with the Athena at best buy and was quite impressed with it even with their crappy setup. :) Later.

Jason

Jason Hammerly

Supporting Actor
Yea ... I'm thinking I'll get it. Also thinking about the Velodyne CHT-10. Just can't decide. I hear the Athena is great for music, so I may snag it. If anyone can think of anything under $250 that I should also consider, let me know.

Jason

eryn shannon

Stunt Coordinator
I have 2 as-p400's in my home theater setup. You are correct that it is a great sub for music. The bass is tight and Dons't tend to get boomy unless the sub volume is put too high. If it is being used mostly for music and you don't listen to music very loud I, would defiantly recommend this sub.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks