1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Opinion on Monitor Silver RX1s, Sunfire sub

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by ericc22, Aug 16, 2011.

1. ericc22

ericc22 Member

I know this is very subjective, but I'd love to hear people's opinion of some speakers. I am listening to 70% music via itunes and CD, and 30% home theater. I am going to use an Integra 30.3 receiver. I am aiming for the Monitor Silver RX1 for the fronts. I am using a small pair of Monitors for the rear. I am using this in a small office so I was going for a less expensive center but have heard that it is best to match the center to the fronts, so I am going to go for the Monitor Silver center. Because the Monitor RX1 are small I am aiming for a Sunfire subwoofer. Again, my office is small but figured this was a good investment vs. some of the other less expensive options. Other things I've heard.... I liked the Definitives but not as much as the Monitors, to the extent one can compare speakers in 2 different locations. I've also heard Paradigms and B&Ws. I appreciate all opinions! Eric

2. Robert_J

Robert_J Well-Known Member

Robert
    There are better subs for the money. If it is an older model for a good price, then I say go for it. If it is brand new then go with something else. There are a few compact subs on the market that can perform as well as Sunfire. The only reason I mentioned older models, they sourced their drivers from TC Sounds. I have no idea where they get them now.