What's new

Opie & Anthony>Stern (1 Viewer)

London Lawson

Second Unit
And i'm not just saying this because I have Xm, I have Sirrus on Dish and I actually like it's music stations, very nice..but let's be honest here.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
What exactly are you saying? I don't think
that was ever made clear.

Monty B

Agent
Wow!!! What a bold statement. If you say so than it must be the truth. Time to cancel my Sirius subscription.

Dave>h

Second Unit
I just got xm about a month ago, more out of curiosity than anything. I had never heard O and A before and after hearing about them in this forum, I thought I would give them a listen.

Never listened to Howard Stern either, so won't comment on who is greater, but these guys are definitely funny. I laugh a lot listening to them in the morning (although I think the time I am listening to them, is a tape from the day before 5 am EST). I am not sure if Howard is funnier than these guys but the show is defintely entertaining, although not for the faint of heart!

The discussion on Martin Luther King day about Cars being measured by the horses replaced and why Cotton Gins were not measured on a comparable basis was hilarious.

Ron, I think the poster is saying O and A are greater than ( > ) Howard Stern.

Regards,

Dave

WillG

Senior HTF Member
The Emily Stern remixes they have been playing for the last couple of days have been great as well

"My Vaginnnaa!" :D[

Dave>h

Second Unit
Yeah, what is up with that Emily Stern thing? I must have missed where that originated. Is she some relation of Howards? I had thought she was the niece or something of Osama Bin Ladin - not exactly sure where I got that idea from but that is inconsequential.

Whatever that chick is doing up on stage, it is BRUTALLY bad.

"My tits are godly". Really??...

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Emily Stern is none other than Howard's first born daughter.

Supposedly she is an aspiring actress who, I guess agreed to be in this play where her role was a Madonna type character in this spoof I guess of the Kabbalah. The role required her to be scantially clad until the end of the play when she and the rest of the cast stripped totally nude. Well it eventually got out that she was Howard's daughter and although he denies it, it is rumored that Howard urged her not to do the play saying that his "enemies" will "buy blocks of tickets and throw trash at her vagina" and then urged her to quit after it was revealed that she was his daughter. Howard maintains that she quit because of a falling out with the director after he apparently broke a promise of not using her name to promote the play. I don't know what story is true. But it seems that Howard is not always truthful or is evasive when it comes to things that go on behind the scenes.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

Howard was actually quite honest about this and his explanation matches well with what you say. Howard said he did try to get her to quit (because of the reasons you stated), but also told her she is an adult and could make the decision herself. Emily had signed on for the contract under the agreement that the producer would not use her father's name to promote the play. He agreed. However, the play opened to horrible reviews and to try to offset this, the producer immediately issued a press kit emphasizing that Emily was Howard's daughter. She told him she felt betrayed by his actions and quit. All this was relayed by Howard on Sirius Howard 100 News, with no untruths or evasiveness about it.

If you want to talk evasive, talk about how Howard never revealed his slight nose job 10 years ago.

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
More evasiveness: in all of Artie's many "drug daze" stories*, he never once mentioned that some guy sploojed on his chest during a big orgy.

*Artie's coke run while AWOL from the MAD "Baywatch" sketch and still dressed in the pigsuit was my favorite

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
Artie (about the "Pig on the Run" story) - "I had to rip a hole in the pig nose to get the straw through."

Rev. Bob Levy (yesterday) - "Imagine what the girl would have looked like if you were on Saturday Night Live."

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks