What's new

Opie and Anthony's latest bit is the best radio I have ever heard! (1 Viewer)

KyleC

Supporting Actor
The "official" reason is that Opie is really sick. However, I just don't see Anthony not being able to do the show by himself with another comedian filling in for Opie. I can see one sick day maybe even two, but not four.

Joe McCabe

Second Unit
Anthony has been on Wackbag everyday....Opie would call him at night, and then Ant would post whether they would be back the next day or not.

Opie is apparently VERY sick. I doubt that playing any of Stern's show would be an issue, since they apparently only played the clips that most of the media were given.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Some may remember that back in the WNEW days there was an occaision where Opie was sick and Anthony showed up anyway and did the show with Rick (their old WNEW producer working the board) It seems that most of the fans regard this show as a trainwreck of sorts. Some time later Opie mentioned that he worked it out with management that if one of them was out sick, the other did not have to show up as well.

On Monday, Opie did say he was getting "sicker by the minute" It is probably a stretch to think at that moment he was already laying the groundwork down for suspension (I think it was only like a hour into the show, give or take) And lots of people are getting sick right now.

Douglas_C

Auditioning
While Anthony is the star of the show, he can't go it alone. On oavirus.com you can find the Rick and Anthony shows, as they were recently posted... and they are just bad. Ant needs someone to drive, while he does his thing. A Ben and Ant show sounds good on paper, but I don't think it would work. I think they should have done an AFRO type thing, with Than filling in for Opie.

I believe Opie is truly sick - this week everyone was dropping like flies in my office and others, from what I hear. Captain Trips, anyone?

-Doug

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks