What's new

Operation Petticoat - anyone got it yet? (1 Viewer)

Peter D

Stunt Coordinator
I'd love to hear any comments on the picture quality - is it in fact anamorphic?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I'm planning on picking it up today. If I manage to snag it, I'll watch it in the next day or two. I'll let you know what I think.
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
TwinTowers.jpg

Did you want us to respect your cause? You just damned your cause.
Did you want to make us fear? You just steeled our resolve.
Did you want to tear us apart? You just brought us together.
http://www.miami.com/herald/content/...ocs/000565.htm

Randy_M

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Randy
It is not anamorphic, but the picture looked terrific for such a disc on my setup - of course, I'd only seen it in VHS since it first came out.
I watched it in Theaterwide 2 on my Toshiba (zoomed but not stretched), and the detail was very good...with it had been anamorphic, though.
All in all, buy the movie if you like it.

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
I havent picked up Operation Petticoat yet but I did get Father Goose and it looked FANTASTIC!! The only complaint I have is that its bare-bones.

TedD

Supporting Actor
Operation Petticoat looks OK, but unfortunately is mastered with improper flagging.
This means it will look OK on a standalone player through some scalers, but any frame with motion will look very jumpy on a HTPC, scaler, or a progressive scan DVD player that cannot do 3-2 pulldown detection without depending on the DVD frames being properly flagged.
The only other title in my collection with this problem is Short Circuit.
Since I have both an HTPC and a Sony player / Rock+, this means I can't play this on my HTPC.
Ted

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I've looked for a couple of days, but noone in my area seems to have it in stock yet.
frown.gif
Anyone get it through a B&M store? If so, where?
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
TwinTowers.jpg

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I tried Suncoast and 7 other stores today. No luck. I expect that everyone slow-boated this title, instead of overnighting it. I'll check back in a week. If no luck by then, then I'll get it from an on-line place like Amazon.
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
TwinTowers.jpg

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Ok, sorry I'm so slow, but I didn't realize it at first. I preordered this from DVDEmpire, and they didn't ship it out last Friday. Maybe it got shipped late to the B&M's too. Don't know if that will help.
Glenn

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Okay, hate to bring this back up, but did we ever determine which of the Grant films coming out were OAR and which were P&S? Can anyone list the movies coming out/which have been released and indicate if they are OAR or not?

BrianP

Supporting Actor
Okay, hate to bring this back up, but did we ever determine which of the Grant films coming out were OAR and which were P&S? Can anyone list the movies coming out/which have been released and indicate if they are OAR or not?
I purchased Indiscreet, Father Goose, Operation Petticoat, and the Grass is Greener. I have watched all but the Grass is Greener, and can confirm they are letterboxed. The three I watched look to be 1.66:1, while Grass is Greener is supposed to be 2.35:1 but have not had a chance to confirm.
------------------
My Movie Collection on DVD and Laser Disc

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks