1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Operation Crossbow

Discussion in 'Movies' started by John_KT, Dec 23, 2005.

1. John_KT

John_KT New Member

This movie is finally coming out on DVD next month. It was originally shot in Panavision (2.35 - 1)

The DVD release information does not state wide screen or pan & scan.

Has anyone heard if the original aspect has been retained for the Region 1 DVD version. In Europe, the movie was released in P/S only.

Thank you!

2. Rob.melone

Rob.melone Well-Known Member

I too have been waiting for this movie to come out on DVD. I wish I could help you with your question, but I have not been able to find out any details except that the release date is January 10, 2006. I own this movie on laserdisc so I am hoping that the DVD release will be at least as good as on laser which is in widescreen and 2 channel stereo. Unfortunately, there have been cases where a stereo soundtrack has been reformatted to mono and widescreen to pan & scan for the DVD. This never makes sense to me except that the studio may have taken the cheapest way out. At least for this one, we won’t have long to wait. What a great action war movie that it seems is not to well known. Tobruk is another one that I continue to wait for. Regards.

3. CULTMAN1

CULTMAN1 Well-Known Member

Has anyone heard if Warner are likely to issue a blu ray of this wonderful WW2 epic?

4. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert

I seriously doubt it here in the states, but it might get released in the UK on BRD.

Crawdaddy

5. CULTMAN1

thanks for reply. i only asked as MGM WARNER have issued dirty dozen, kellys Heroes and Battle of Bulge on blu ray and thought this would naturally follow as it was shot on 70mm film and would make a good blu ray release .Thanks bruce

6. CULTMAN1

I see Warners plan 40 catalog blu raysnext year maybe crossbow could be one of these Perfect WW2epic would look great on this format