What's new

"Opera" (Anchor Bay) Corrected Copy??? (1 Viewer)

JavierS

Stunt Coordinator
Hey, is anyone getting a little ticked off by this? I bought Opera, it didn't work, I went to the website and I'm STILL waiting for the Corrected Copy. Does anyone know when they will be sending these out?

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
The corrected copies should be shipping within the next week or so.
------------------
mynewsig.jpg

Link Removed / AOL IM: MrMatthew / ICQ: 96444542
"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule."

DanL

Stunt Coordinator
AB says late October/early November the discs will start going out. If that turns out to be true, it would be a VERY quick turnaround for a defective disc, so I wouldn't get too upset. Look at the people who wanted the corrected DTS Jurassic Park discs and had to wait something like 6-7 months.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
I haven't seen Opera yet, but a friend of mine has it, and I'll probably be watching his copy. If I like it and decide to buy it (in the local Lexington, KY area, there are plenty), is it safe to assume that the Opera Limited Edition I'll buy will be kaput as well?
------------------
"I don't know, Marge. Trying is the first step towards failure." - Homer J. Simpson
"Stranger things have happened..." - Wes Deskins
"It's not Pikeville, Kentucky. It's Pikevool!!! And it's not Louisville, it's Loolvool!!! Get it right, damnit!!!"
My DVD Collection

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
...nevertheless, this recall has to be one hell of a lot faster than the Disney DINOSAUR recall, which has been going on for MONTHS, as they claim the new reworked disc is "just around the corner".
------------------

DanL

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, the limited edition is also screwed up. The single disc version: the majority of the people cannot get it to play, those who can have it lock up or pixelize after awhile.
The limited version: Seems to boot up fine for most people, but goes back to the playback problems. Mine had severe, repeatable video errors (obvious skipping and digital problems) and was accompanied by sharp hisses on the DTS version.

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Both the movie-only edition and the limited edition copies are affected (since both use the same DVD).
New copies of both the LE and movie-only edition will be shipped out at the same times as the corrected copies are sent and IIRC will have a red sticker on them to tell people that these are the non-defective copies (similar to The Black Hole).
------------------
mynewsig.jpg

Link Removed / AOL IM: MrMatthew / ICQ: 96444542
"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule."

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I received my replacement for Opera in today's mail. it came in a cardboard holder which simply read crest national: replacement disc for opera. But anchor bay didn't just send out the replacement they threw in a sealed copy of the supergirl dvd .. saying thanks for your patience.
Thanks Anchor Bay!
[Edited last by Aryn Leroux on October 29, 2001 at 04:58 PM]

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
Got my replacement copy today as well with the Supergirl DVD thrown in as well. Too bad I already have the Supergirl LE, but this extra disc will make a nice Christmas present for someone. AB does make mistakes, but they usually handly them vey well.
J
------------------
Don't be a luddy-duddy! Don't be a mooncalf! Don't be a jabbernowl!

David Lee

Stunt Coordinator
I recieved my corrected version of Opera And the Supergirl disc today as well. I watched the entire film of OPERA and had no problems however when I attempted to watch the 36-min featurette it begins to stutter around the 15-minute mark. This happens on both my standalone player and on my PC-DVD drive. Is this another defective disc? Does anyone else have this problem?

Paul E. Fox II

Second Unit
Max,
Just in case you didn't know...some of us with Toshiba S3109 DVD players (as well as a few others if I remember correctly) were unable to play Disney's "Dinosaur", myself included.
Now, "Opera" seems to be having the same effect on "us" again
frown.gif
!
------------------
Regards,
Paul
Remember, "y'all" is singular, "all y'all" is plural, and "all y'all's" is
plural possessive

JavierS

Stunt Coordinator
Wait, I read somewhere in another thread that someone got an email from Anchor Bay telling them that their Copy has been sent out (this is NOT the "send out your original disc" mess of an e-mail). Did you guys that got the replacement get this new email? Cause I sure haven't
frown.gif

Brett C

Second Unit
thing that ticks me off is every shop I went into on the weekend had the repressed copy for sale, While im still waiting for my copy to be sent out,highly annoying...

M

MaxY

Hmmm I am begining to think that you are making a mistake swapping out discs, and you might want to consider changing players.
Why is it that every time I read Title XXXX won't play on Brand XXXXX DVD player, Brand XXXXX always seems to turn out to be Toshiba.
This has been going on right from the begining of DVD. I had a Tosh 2107 firmware upgraded once a long long time ago and it fixed a few problems, but geez you would think that Toshiba could be shipping error free units like Sony by now.
Sorry for the rant guys, it just gets to me when I think of Toshiba and their DVD player problems because I went through the shock of buying a new DVD player only to find out it need to be fixed and shipped off for a few weeks before it would work right.
Max
------------------
Maxsig.gif

Browse My Collection of DVDs at DVD profiler
Equipment Lists for My HTs
Petition To Bring Motel Hell To DVD Check In Here
Time to resume Buying Warner Product!!

CamiloCamacho

Stunt Coordinator
Everybody had receive the fixed copy?. I sent an e-mail explaining that i bought my DVD´s on a POBOX on US and the company sent to me, after they ask to return my copy.
I´m a bit worried about my replacement copy, because they could argue i´m not from the us (altough i bought my copy on the us, and sent within the us)
------------------
http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollect...lias=Jugernaut

Chris Xolotl

Second Unit
OK. Has anyone who has recieved their replacement copy not recieve an e-mail stating that the replacement was being sent.

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
Has anyone who has recieved their replacement copy not recieve an e-mail stating that the replacement was being sent.
me. i got neither the "please send us your defective DVD" nor the "your DVD is on the way" e-mail. the new Opera (along with the single-disc Supergirl) just suddenly appeared with my mail on Monday.
DJ

M

MaxY

You know I just realized have some more comments to make here.
tongue.gif

I would like to point out that while yest Anchor Bay did have a few problem DVDs, that Opera did not come out that long ago. Universal and Disney are much bigger companies and how long ago did Jurasic Park and Dinosaur come out? It seems the big boys took much more time to get their problems corrected and DVDs in hand then AB did.
Ok That is all I have to say.
Max
------------------
Maxsig.gif

Browse My Collection of DVDs at DVD profiler
Equipment Lists for My HTs
Petition To Bring Motel Hell To DVD Check In Here
Time to resume Buying Warner Product!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks