What's new

Open old Mac discs on PC? (1 Viewer)

Jodee

Screenwriter
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can help here.

It's been 11 years since finishing my undergrad degree, and I am applying to graduate school. I need to submit some academic writing samples from my old research papers. I have all my papers saved on Mac discs from the early 90s. They are double-sided double-density discs.

I do not have a Mac anymore, only a PC (Windows XP). Is there any way I can convert these files to PC and more importantly, open these discs on a PC?

When I insert them I get the message that the discs are not formatted. They ask me to format them but I said no to keep my data intact.

Is there a software program or anything I can buy that would help me recover these files?

Thanks in advance for any help/advice.

Jodee

Screenwriter
Thanks for the tips, guys, but unfortunately neither of those programs works with double-sided, double-density disks, only HD disks. :frowning:

I don't know what I'm going to do, aside from buy an old Mac on eBay. Apparently most new Macs don't even support floppies, much less the DD disks.

Frustrating.:angry:

Randy_T

Stunt Coordinator
If you have a college close to you, talk to the computer science personal. They just may have an older mac sitting around that you could use. People also donate computers to non-profits. Check at schools,daycare centers,libraries, & churches.

Randy T

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks