What's new

Only 2 speakers have sound on my home theatre system (1 Viewer)

sweegers28

Auditioning
Real Name
John
I have just bought a Xenta 5.1 channel home cinema system and need help getting it set up as instruction book doesn't help. I have managed to get 2 speakers working when I connected it to the sky box. Any help would be great. My tv is a UMC and my dvd player is a philips.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
The only review I found for Xenta(since you didn't provide a model number) is...
From Amazon.uk...
"The people who can't get all the speakers to work can't find the button to activate all the speakers."

sweegers28

Auditioning
Real Name
John
Hi sorry I ment to put model number its Xenta 5.1 ch home theatre system model : CY-1000. The cables supplied are 2 cables with red yellow and white ends on them.

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
John,

It would really help us if you would enter a location in your profile - most of the folks on this forum are in the US, and things like "Sky Box", "UMC", and "Xenta" are brands that we're not terribly familiar with. I assume you're in the UK...

A brief look online suggests that this is simply a speaker system that is intended to be connected to an already decoded 5.1 audio signal. Look on the back of the subwoofer unit. Are there any digital inputs (they would be labeled as such)? The images I found online suggest the only inputs are discrete analog (RCA) inputs for each decoded audio channel - Left, Center, Right, SurroundL, SurroundR, subwoofer).

The Red/White/Yellow cable is a composite video cable (yellow) and stereo audio (red/white). If the unit does not provide options for processing the input signal, you will only get stereo out.

If the remote has some sort of "surround mode" button that includes options such as "ProLogic" or "Surround" then it's possible that the unit can take the stereo input and simulate surround sound from it, but I have my doubts.

If you have multiple sources, a "system" like this is really not the best way to go - there are only one set of inputs, so you can get the Sky working, but not the DVD... if your DVD has analog outputs, you could connect that, but then you have nothing for the Sky.

We'd be happy to help you find a product that will better suit your needs, but we'll need to know all the devices you want to connect, what your budget is, what retailers are available to you, and what you goals are.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Like Jason said, that only has two inputs...
One for two channel(the red/white marked..."2ch: L/R"
And one for an ALREADY DECODED 5.1 (everything else above that 2 channel).
This is a basic speaker set usually bought for computer gaming.
You "could" purchase an old home theater pre-amp...but one of those would cost more than this speaker system...but give you more inputs and it would decode digital...then send that ALREADY DECODED signal to these speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks