1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Onkyo Unveils Top-of the-line Network Receivers

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by DanChristensen, Jun 2, 2012.

1. DanChristensen

This is now available for $2,000 new. Is there a reason why it priced dropped so fast?

2. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    Most authrorized dealers stil have it around $2900 Which dealer is showing it available for 2K? Also, it could be refurbished units at that pricepoint.

3. DanChristensen

BrandsMart USA, which is listed as an authorized retailer on Onkyo's website. BrandsMart is a like a Sam's Club only you don't have to be a member.

4. Robert Crawford

Robert
  5. gene c

gene c Producer

Gene
    Ac4l.com has it for $1700 as a refurb. $85 for a 3 year warranty from Warrantech. The list of features on that thing is mind-boggling! :eek:

6. DanChristensen

At the store they said they had 6 left in the warehouse and would sell them for $1800 and that a new model was coming out this year. They swore it was BNIB not refurbished, citing a good relationship with and mega sprawl-mart pruchsing power from Onkyo for the price.
    Anyone wanna call b.s. on their claim?
    BTW someone from avs forum claims to have gotten on at BM for a "wonderful price:"
    http://www.avsforum.com/t/1394892/onkyo-tx-nr5009-discussion
    Knocking on wood, I have not had any problems with my unit.
    I am not using the amps on my Onkyo so I couldn't comment on the strength of the amps as compared to the Denon. I would assume that it is more powerful.
    I purchased mine from BrandSmart and got a wonderful price on it.

7. Robert Crawford

Robert
  8. zubinell

zubinell Auditioning

"Onkyo's eye for detail extends to conveniently backlit remote controls and an overlaid graphical OSD for swift, seamless, and simple adjustment of settings during a program, game, or movie."
    I love how they pat themselves on the back for everything, including the things that are very poor. Oh boy does that remote suck. Yes the keys glow but the labels do not so if you want to see what you are selecting the first thing you need to do is turn in the lights.
    I love the reciever but the first time I used the remote I went searching for options.