What's new

Onkyo TX-SR606 and Panasonic DMP-BD55K Blu Ray Player (1 Viewer)

Thane

Stunt Coordinator
Last week I received my orders for both the Onkyo TX-SR606 receiver and the Panasonic DMP-BD55k Blu Ray player. They are both great! But...I can't figure out how to get the blu ray player's video image to pass through the receiver out to the projector. My projector is an Infocus X2 (1080i compatible but not 1080p). The receiver outputs sound from the disc but no video. I've set both the blu ray player and the receiver to both 1080i output and have also tried 720 output on both. No luck. The projector projects just a blue screen with the projector's input message that the signal is 1080p!! (Even though both of the other components have been set to output of 1080i or 720.) The kicker is that when I connect the HDMI cable from the blu ray player directly to the projector...I have video! But then the sound isn't able to travel via the HDMI cord to the receiver. I should also mention that I have a DVD player hooked up to the receiver and have had no problems outputting video through the receiver to the projector (and audio through the receiver.) Guess that about sums it up...I have spent hours on this! Any thoughts? Thanks!

Brent_S

Second Unit
I assume you're using an HDMI->DVI cable? The 606 has to be set for HDMI Monitor Out = Yes. If so, it sounds like an HDCP issue...ProjectorCentral's review says the X2 is not HDCP compliant. What connector are you using for output on that DVD player that works?

You might try downscaling to 480p in your player. The X2 is only a 480p native projector so it will be forced to downscale all higher resolutions. Given its age, chances are the scaler in the 55k is much better.

-Brent

Thane

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Brent. I spent a lot of time reading the Onkyo & Panasonic manuals and had come to the same conclusion...that it's a HDCP issue. The Onkyo manual has a paragraph that says it uses HDCP and that video won't be shown on non-compatible displays. I'm using the HDMI cable for both video & audio when using the DVD player (and I get both video displayed and sound.) But the signal from a DVD player wouldn't be a hi-def signal...is that why it works with the DVD player & not the blu ray player?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks