What's new

Onkyo TX-NR1000 availability? (1 Viewer)

Dmitry

Supporting Actor
Eric,

the base configuration Integra is cheaper, but it doesn't have the following cards installed:
  1. HDMI Input
  2. iLink (Firewire) input
  3. Multi-channel input
  4. Network tuner
  5. Extra component input[/list=1]

Once you factor all these in, it will be more expensive.

Nicu

Grip
"I believe AM/FM tuner is included in base configuration (I have it and I didn't have to order it). The prices I gave you were given to me by the dealer as "at cost" as I bought the cards along with the receiver. If by "video module" you're referring to an extra component switching card, I don't know the price as I didn't need it."

Dmitry, you are right. I should have mentioned that I was talking about the Integra Research RDC-7.1. Now, as far as I know, the HDMI module has a MSRP of $600, dealer cost is about $300.

N

Adil M

Supporting Actor
This looks like an exceptional piece of equipment. I am waiting for my roommate to get more of the dealer literature on it. He thinks it will be a big seller and hopes it gets a price drop, so he can rec'd it for more situations. At least the receiver does not have any availability issues.
Is anyone driving 4 ohm speakers like Martin Logans w/ it?

RobD

Second Unit
The card prices vary wildly. The following prices were converted from official Jap Integra Research retail prices (USA street is a bit cheaper - Onkyo and Integra share modules):
Base Video Module - $300
HDMI Module - $500
D4 Module - $200 (Japan Only Probably)
Compnent BNC Module - $150
Component RCA Module - $100
Net Tune Module - $200
AMFM Module - $100
AES/EBU/Multi Channel Module - $150ish (I was quoted discounted - Included in Japan)
Double MultiChannel Input Module - $100 (Educated Guess - Not Available in Japan)

This is the current state of module rumours:
Sirius Radio Module (Likely)
XM Radio Module (Likely)
HDMI 1.1 Module (Almost Certain)
Room Correction Module (Rumour Only)
DAB Radio Module ("Under Consideration" - Likely Europe.Middle East Only)

I made this list a little while ago but prices people have been getting have been very close to it and it should do fine as a guide.

Adil M

Supporting Actor
So is anyone using this receiver w/ 4 ohm speakers?
Our current 989 does not seem to be adequate for the Martin Logans it is paired with. Therefore, I am curious if they have bumped the amp section in addition to making this new receiver "future-proof."

Onkyo got me once w/ the "future-proof" thing already.
Any limitations noticed on this thing by owners?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks