What's new

Onkyo SR 606 and Samsung UN 55B8000 connection problems help! (1 Viewer)

sinikka

Auditioning
Real Name
sinikka Green
[SIZE= 12px]I have an Onkyo TX SR 606 and recently bought the Samsung UN 55B8000, I have connected them via HDMI, I also have a PS3 connected to the receiver via HDMI cable, and an HD/DVR cable box connected to the receiver also via HDMI, finally I have a component connected ipod dock. I had this same set up with my past with my previous TV (sharp aquos) and it worked fine. Ever since I got the new TV I have had problems where there is "no signal" coming from the cable or the PS3. When I hook these up individually via the same HDMI cables to the TV there is no problem. I have assigned and reassigned the inputs and this hasn't solved the problem. Sometime if I leave the cable box and TV on after about 15-30 mins it finds a signal. I've replaced the cable box several times and this hasn't helped. The ipod dock connected via component cables works fine. I've replaced the HDMI cables and this hasn't helped. Sometimes I turn the system on and everything works perfectly and nothing has changed. Is there some inherent incompatibility problem?? neither Samsung nor Onkyo have been very helpful and now I'm out lotsa $$ and have a system that doesn't really work!! Help![/SIZE]

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
This could be a handshake issue between the HDMI connected devices. When you power down the system, do you power down all the devices, including the cable box, or do you leave some of them on?

When you power on the system, what is the order in which devices are turned on?

You may want to change the power up sequence and maybe try turning the receiver on first, then the source devices, and finally the TV.

I know with my system, I leave the cable box on all the time, and power up the receiver, Blu-Ray, and finally the projector and haven't run into any problems.

There are others that usually offer good advice on this subject, hopefully they'll chime in with additional suggestions.

huber13

Grip
Real Name
Mike Huber
Try Setting your HDMI to "Through" on the Onkyo instead of the factory setting of "Auto". This is in your setup programing menu.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks