1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Onkyo or Integra receiver?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Adams3177w, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Adams3177w

Adams3177w New Member

I have recently narrowed down my selection for a receiver, I've been looking at the Integra 80.2 and the Onkyo TX-NR 5008 I know these receivers have similar qualities. I get a 10 percent disscount if I ordered it from a well known electronics retailer. Which one should I go with?

2. Ed Moxley

Ed Moxley Well-Known Member

Ed
    Whichever one you're comfortable with. Integra is Onkyo's higher end stuff, so basically, you're getting Onkyo either way you go. I like Onkyo a lot. You can see in my signature that I use Onkyo too. You should be very happy with either.

Good luck!

3. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Well-Known Member

I've had great experience with Onkyo's Integra brand over the years. I still use an old DTR-7 in my main home theater room.

4. DavidZ

DavidZ Member

They are basically the same receiver. The features are almost identical. The warranty on the integra is 3 years and on the onkyo is 2. I would look at the price and the slight difference in the feature set. I ended up with the nr 5008

5. DavidZ

DavidZ Member

I got the receiver set up very customizable clean sound through my speakers it is a keeper!