What's new

Onkyo NR905 3d Problem (1 Viewer)

John-Miles

Screenwriter
Ok so im praying someone here can help me, ive got an Onkyo NR905B and i use my PS3 as my blu-ray player.

Currently im set up as follows

PS3 Output via HDMI to HDMI splitter

HDMI splitter to LG 3D tv
and HDMI splitter to Onkyo NR905B

when watching non 3d content this works fine, i get video and i get HD audio through the onkyo

However when i watch 3d content i get the video but no signal att he Onkyo.

Now i put in the splitter hoping to avoid this thinking that while the onkyo wont pass through a 3d signal it would at least process the audio from the HDMi cable, but it seems it wont even do that when there is a 3d signal in the cable.

Is there anyway to get my Onkyo to only take the audio signal from the HDMI cable? when my PS3 is going thats all i really need it to do.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Are you sure you get lossless audio with a splitter? That has never worked on every other system I've ever seen(and it isn't supposed to).

And if your 905 won't pass a 3D signal(have you tried? I've been successful on a few top tier 1.3 AVR)...you will nead a dedicated twin HDMI BD player.

John-Miles

Screenwriter
Hi Sam,

Ive tried before ans unfortunately its true the 905 wont pass through the 3d signal :(

I just popped int he avengers as a test and witht he 2d BD disc i get the lossless sound and video through the splitter.
Now to be fair it shows as multichannel on my amp as the PS3 does the lossless decoding internally and just outputs the sound.

Then i popped in the 3d disc and i get picture but the amp says no sound now.

I am pretty sure i can solve the problem if i can tell the amp somehow that its only an audio signal, i think it detects the 3d signal and just freaks out and does nothing since it cant pass it through.

if this does not work then i will just go with an optical output when im watching 3d but thats a major pain.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks