1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

ONKYO HT-S5405B 5.1

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by jonnybonny, Mar 13, 2012.

1. jonnybonny

jonnybonny New Member

Hi there, Ive got ONKYO HT-S5405B 5.1 Home Cinema AV Receiver Speaker Package and ive got my ps3 conntected to it with a hdmi lead and it all works fine apart from im a little confused when i switch my receiver to my ps3 it shows a dolby sign on the front panel of my amp then soon as i put a game of dvd into ps3 it dissapears i also use a preset PLLMOVIE n then it goes to all channel sterio for some reason can someone please help me out and would very much appreciate it thanks,

2. Ed Moxley

Ed Moxley Well-Known Member

Ed
    I don't remember exactly where it is, in the menus, but you need to go into the ps3's setup menus and set the audio output to "Bitstream", if the ps3 is the "slim" model. If it's an old "fat" model, set the output to PCM. Also, make sure the receiver is set to "Auto". Page 39 of the online manual explains this, at top right of page, under "HDMI Through". The HDMI 1 input is factory set for BD/DVD. I'd use that input for the ps3, instead of HDMI 4, which is for Game, since you'll be using it to play blu ray movies. Good luck! Let us know how it goes............... :)