What's new

Onkyo 515 & Benq W1070 Projecvtor (1 Viewer)

ralphPerez

Stunt Coordinator
Hi all, having handshake issue with my Benq W1070 and the Onkyo 515, talked to the Onkyo support team today and we tried everything possible and no video on my screen the CONCLUSION no handshake but who is the culprit, the BenQ or the Onkyo???? any suggestions would be appreciated. What other receiver would be compatible???? or PJ? Thanks

JOHNnNM

Grip
Real Name
John Stockton
Like a source won't pass? No setup screens? Both? The dedicated threads on toher ht websites for this projector have scores of people using AVR'S with HDMI output.... I just put in a Pioneer and man did I have to futs around with it alot to get the Pioneed setup to display. Seems solid now though. I don't use the Benq though.

Pycpik

Auditioning
Real Name
John Smith
Hi, I also have the same issue with the w1070 and a Onkyo 616. When I put the projector on the main HDMI out, the only thing I can see is the Onkyo boot logo. After that: black screen looking for a signal. This main HDMI output works perfectly with my Asus monitor (VG278H). The "solution" I found is to use the second HDMI output of the Onkyo (sub) and sometimes according to the startup order of the devices it works (I'm using a PC as source). Moreover I'm very disappointed with nvidia drivers. They seem lost sometimes and can't use hdmi output although the Onkyo is detected. It has become very hard to see a movie now...

ralphPerez

Stunt Coordinator
Talked to BenQ support and they said they will bounce the issue to headquarters in Taiwan but to get a replacement in the meantime and just received it so will set up on a table to see if it woks before I bother to hook it up to the ceiling, keeping my fingers crossed., if this one does not work will upgrade PJ???. Wish you luck, no wish good luck to both of us.

Hrvoje Vukovic

Auditioning
Hello there

This might shed some light on the issue , although leaves me in complete dark in the meanwhile.
few weeks ago got Onkyo TX-515 to replace the TX-876 (Onkyo) and new BENQ W1070 to replace the Panasonic AX200 pj.
Long story short, 515 wouldn't feed any signal via main HDMI out to the W1070, no setup screen no signal at all.(with Onkyo running the latest firmware update)
I was able to get the Onkyo to send feed using the HDMI sub out (when set HDMI OUT > BOTH) but then it wouldn't pass the 3D signal properly for W1070 to recognise as being 3D feed.
To have that working i found out that 515 had to be set HDMI OUT>SUB (only).
I have returned the 515 to the store to get 616 hoping that issue wouldn't persist.
616 came as a display unit running old (1st firmware) and after connecting it to the BENQ initially it displayed the picture without the problems (using the same HDMI cable as it runs under the floorboards and behind the wall plasterboards).
In the meanwhile 616 was asking to do the firmware update and I've duly complied :wacko:
You can imagine what have happened NEXT...
Since updating the firmware on 616 it won't display anything on W1070 (regardless of the HDMI OUT combination and permutations).
Mind you my daytime TV runs just fine regardless of the cables or HDMI OUT options used.

CONCLUSION (?)

Onkyo firmware(s) updates killed the last chance for me to stay loyal to Onkyo after 10+ yrs of being their customer.
More importantly i have been seriously cornered by this as now i have to spend even more to get another AV receiver with 2 HDMI out capabilities or fall back to only one HDMI out ones and admit defeat by regressing in the name of so called progress.

Hope this will help someone in the future when choosing which amp to buy next :excl:

Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks