What's new

Ongoing Coupling (USA) thread (show cancelled) (1 Viewer)

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Have to say, I was impressed by this week's episde, the first "new" episode with a script especially written for the US broadcast. The cast seemed more comfortable with the dialogue - maybe part of the problem is them not liking dialogue written for the UK cast, duplicating their already done parts? It just seemed to work better this week than the past few. It was still a little forced at times, and definitely not upto par, but I feel it's got more hope of taking its own direction after this week's episode.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Have to say, I was impressed by this week's episde, the first "new" episode with a script especially written for the US broadcast. The cast seemed more comfortable with the dialogue - maybe part of the problem is them not liking dialogue written for the UK cast, duplicating their already done parts? It just seemed to work better this week than the past few. It was still a little forced at times, and definitely not upto par, but I feel it's got more hope of taking its own direction after this week's episode.
I think this last episode was funnier than 90% of US sitcoms. I laughed several times. Not as good as the UK show, but still worthwhile.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Humongous massive huge mistake. The last episode, the only original one shown, showed a lot of promise and was so much better than every other episode where they tried to copy the British version. Executive idiots.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
I saw last night the NBC website listed it as "Returns in December!"

Lets hope its not outright cancelled, like Thomas mentioned before... Just when they had a hang of it, they pull the plug... Do the executives even WATCH the shows? Or just the ratings? Seems like the latter...

Gregg Shiu

Second Unit
Real Name
Gregg Shiu
It was just starting to get good! I agree with you, Nick, it seems like they don't really watch it, but rather their little ratings.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
No, FOX execs let their shows die a slow death through rescheduling.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I'm not surprised. The few minutes I managed to sit through of this show were horribly acted, and seemed like a bad "Friends" rip-off.

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
This past week's Entertainment Weekly ( the one with Keanu Reeves) said that it was suspended until December, but I guess that's old news due to print lead times.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
MickeS: Which episodes did you watch? The first few (two?) were merely remakes of episodes from the UK version. however, the last one which was written with original material was quite well-accepted.

Just when it was starting to show some promising signs, they decide to pull it...

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Yeah, at some point it became radioactive.

I didn't think it was great, but really -- compared to anything on ABC sitcom wise (or even Good Morning Miami), this was Emmy-level material.

Why didn't they just move it to another night first?

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I read today that it was officially cancelled.
And to think American Networks have not learned they are going to turn the very funny British show, The Office into an Americanized version.
Sheesh.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks