1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

One of my favorite NES games of all time

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Scott Thomas, Mar 31, 2003.

1. Scott Thomas

Scott Thomas Well-Known Member

Does anybody remeber a game called Startropics?

It about boy named Mike Jones who was set on visiting his uncle. He discovers that is uncle has been missing and armed with a yo-yo (yes a yo-yo) he travels many different islands in a submarine. fighting creature in a Zelda type style but it was linear stages.

There was a sequel in the last days of NES, that wasnt very good but it was decent.

Startropics was made and published by nintendo, also it had the best ending for the NES system

2. David_N

David_N Well-Known Member

Have you played it recently? I actually picked it up a few months ago, based on the fond memories I had renting it back in the day. The story is still cool but unfortunately in my opinion, the control hasn't aged well. I find the control is very stiff in dungeons and hopping in an direction can only be accomplished by jumping across things.

3. Joe D

Joe D Well-Known Member

I had it. I really liked it.

NES Games are just a great time in general.

4. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Well-Known Member

Great game, but the sequel just didn't have what the original did.

I still remember trying to figure out what the hell it was talking about with the letter in chapter 4. A bit of a problem for anyone who rented the game without the inserts though.

5. Mark Evans

Mark Evans Well-Known Member

Ha, I was going to mention that Chris. I played StarTropics solely on rentals and that happened to me before.

I LOVED StarTropics when it first came out, and I'm not really sure why, because they game wasn't that great, but it was fun in its way. Somebody want to detail this fantabulous ending? I made it all the way to the ship at the end but never had time to finish it, and would be curious to know how it turned out.

6. BrianB

BrianB Well-Known Member

7. Mark Evans

8. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Well-Known Member

9. Mark Evans

Actually Jason, you're quite correct, there were equally hideous adult NES games. I just choose not to mention them [​IMG]. BMX XXX is one of the first so-called adult (adult meaning aimed at teenage boys :p)) titles that came from a huge publisher though.

Besides, everybody else has tried to capitalize on that notoriety, why can't I? [​IMG]