What's new

Once Upon A Time - season 1 thread (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Next week is the finale. If, is as expected and warranted by the ratings, this is renewed, I kind of hope it makes the show a "done in two." Restated, I don't want it to be season five and everyone still doesn't know who they are and what's going on. If they can lift the curse in the second season and take things in a different and interesting direction for a third season and beyond, fine.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Originally Posted by Greg_S_H /t/315693/once-upon-a-time-season-1-thread/30#post_3923629
Next week is the finale. If, is as expected and warranted by the ratings, this is renewed, I kind of hope it makes the show a "done in two." Restated, I don't want it to be season five and everyone still doesn't know who they are and what's going on. If they can lift the curse in the second season and take things in a different and interesting direction for a third season and beyond, fine.

To be honest, I hope the curse does indeed get broken and the series reverts to the Fairy Tale World permanently. The variations on the tales we've grown up with have been so clever and so interesting that the flights each week back to Storybrooke often make me impatient.

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
Can you actually see ABC doing that?

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I'm not sure. Are you saying ABC plays it safe and doesn't like to shake things up? I don't watch enough of their shows to know.
I don't mind the balance between Storybrooke and the fairy tale world, but I just don't want them to keep everyone in the dark. I would assume Henry's actions will push Emma towards believing, but I don't watch spoilers so she may just take it as Regina trying to poison her and hitting Henry instead.

Ray Gutnick

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ray
I think they'll keep going with the current idea of adding new "past" characters until the show just runs out of steam (which i'd guess will be 3 seasons). I just hope when they get cancelled they have enough of a warning to properly wrap it up. I do hope the writers have an ending in mind (unlike most shows which just seem to wing it for the series finale)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Now that's the way to do a finale. About the only thing left on the table was the fate of Pinocchio, and we go into next season with a totally new status quo.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Yes, I loved the finale which gives rise to so much speculation about where the series will go next season. Terrific!

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I could be wrong but I think it's pretty clear that they are going to stay in Storybrook and now the magic has come to them. Judging from that diabolical smile on Regina's face, she understood the significance of the purple mist that was sweeping over the town.
MattH. said:
Yes, I loved the finale which gives rise to so much speculation about where the series will go next season. Terrific!

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Yeah, that was clear, but we're still not sure what that will look like. Maybe Storybrooke is now on the radar from normal people and they will interact with the fairy tale characters. More interesting will be if they still have their memories of being regular Americans on top of being storybook characters, which I assume is the case.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Greg_S_H said:
More interesting will be if they still have their memories of being regular Americans on top of being storybook characters, which I assume is the case.
After the curse was broken everyone was dazed as their memories returned, but they didn't seem to be completely lost to their surroundings leading me to believe they retained their memories of events during the curse, in fact the nurses in the hospital continued their duties.

Ray Gutnick

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ray
Had they been cancelled, I suspect they would have just cut out the last few minutes of the episode. would have been a great series finale.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks