What's new

Once Upon a Time in the West - THANK YOU Paramount (1 Viewer)

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
I just wanted to take the time to thank the HV department people, for the exellent release of the "Once Upon A Time In The West.Personally this was my number 1 "requested" title, and I'm delighted that it has finally arrived.
This is a quality effort,with good picture/sound/supplements,and at a very good price.As a matter of fact I'll "nominate" this title for the DVD of the year vote on HTF if such poll will be conducted.
Thanks again!

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
I was watching AMC (not willingly, the channel is horrid nowadays), and was pleasantly surprised by a TV ad for the ONCE/WEST DVD! For 30 seconds, an announcer touted the special features and the performances as if it were as influential a DVD purchase as, say, THE MATRIX (Which, of course, it is!)

Nice to see Paramount really treating this DVD like the event that it is. Now lets reward them with sales!

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I did my part :)

After viewing the DVD last night, I'll add these comments -

To the folks at Paramount - Thanks for the wonderful effort on this title. Really just a fantastic job. In a year of many memorable releases, this DVD stands out as one of the very best catalog releases of the year, both for the film and the treatment it has received. ( Certainly one of my favorite film releases of the year based on film content. ) Anyway, thanks again for a great DVD release.

( Looking forward to December's release of Hud. )

- Walter.

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
I have mine. :cool:

Beautiful picture.

Beautiful sound (both mono & 5.1 options!).

Beautiful supplements (curious absence of Ennio Morricone in the commentary & docus, but perhaps he was busy with other things, or just not interested in participating).

Beautiful trailer.

Beautiful (and classy) menus.

Beautiful packaging.

Beautiful movie.

Among the very best DVD releases of 2003.

Well worth the wait. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Thank you, Martin Blythe & Paramount!

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
And an excellent price. I paid 14.00 for my copy. At that price, I couldn't say no, despite I had spent over a hundred dollars on several other DVDs this week, Bond included.

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
I just bought mine today and I must say that Paramount did an excellent job with this disc. If they continue to give other titles similar special edition treatment (both released and unreleased), Paramount will easily become the best studio out there. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

rbirk

Stunt Coordinator
I have waited for this title since I bought my first DVD player in 1997. It has been my number one title and finally I got it this week. It was well worth the extra wait as it looks and sounds fantastic.

Thank you Paramount for doing such an excellent work!!

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I received my copy of this movie on Christmas Eve. As I was going out of town for Christmas, I had to wait until I returned before I could watch it. I finished the film this afternoon and was just blown away. I have never seen this film, had never even heard of it until I read the review of this here on the forum. The film was truly amazing, the music was beautiful and the movie is one of the most gorgeously photgraphed films I have ever seen.:b

:emoji_thumbsup: Thanks Paramount for this release.:emoji_thumbsup:

ps. the price for this two disc collection was a great bonus.

Please keep this type of quality and you will continue to have a very satisfied customer.

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
My DVD of the Year period! Yes, even better than that pudgy, over-stuffed 4D extravaganza thats all the talk. Which I like too. This to me is right there with last year's Amelie. HTF needs to make a Sleeper DVD Hit of the Year award. Which should have gone to Amelie last year and to OUTITW, this year. Like it has a chance against LOTR.

I'll kiss your feet Paramount, bring 'em here. :)

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
My DVD of the Year period! Yes, even better than that pudgy, over-stuffed 4D extravaganza thats all the talk.
Well actually DVD of the Year (or any year) goes to a certain 9-disc extravaganza Zen, but OUATITW is up there with the best releases of 2003, a superb copy of this western masterpiece and some great extras to go with it, what more can you want? :emoji_thumbsup:

Lets hope The Good the Bad and the Ugly gets the same treatment in 2004!

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Come on Zen, be nice, there were at least 2 good films in that bunch. So glad I'm not as fussy as you, I wouldn't have 2500 films on my shelves.[smirks proudly]:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks