What's new

Once and Again - Season 2? (1 Viewer)

James Luckard

Second Unit
Real Name
James Luckard
One of my top five favorite shows ever. I had long since given up hope of ever seeing the succeeding seasons on DVD.

The cast were all brilliant, and as the show went further into its run, they stopped focusing so exclusively on Sela Ward and Bill Campbell, great as they were, and gave the other characters equal time. (I read it was because Sela Ward had it in her contract that she would only work a certain number of days so she could spend time with her kids.) It ended up being to the show's advantage, as it had the most rounded portrait of modern American families I've ever seen on TV. It was often painfully accurate, which is, I'm sure, why it never became a mainstream hit. Too close to home. Easier to watch fluff in which the characters might as well be space aliens for all their resemblance to real people.

Hurray. Aug 23 will be a fun day to go to Best Buy.

Brittney A.

Auditioning
I completely agree with you, James, on why people may have found this show hard to watch. But because it was so real is exactly why I loved it.

I didn't know Sela's wanting to spend time with her children was the reason they focused on the other characters! That makes a lot of sense, and I'm also glad that was the case.

I will definitely be buying season 2. My season 1 DVD's were getting lonely.

Sue_New

Stunt Coordinator
OMG!!! Yay!!! I've been renting this series and soooo want to buy it. I was bummed that it was seemingly dropped for I think this is an excellent show. I'm excited and now I can start purchasing it. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks