What's new

"ON TRIAL: LEE HARVEY OSWALD" -- A Personal Review (1 Viewer)

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Neil, the game of historical research doesn't rely on public opinion polls, especially when about 95% of the 70% you cite are not likely to have READ the entire Warren Commision testimony and proceedings of 26 volumes and are influenced mostly by the dishonest presentations of conspiracy authors and filmmakers who with their slick packaging, selective presentation of information and in other cases, outright lying present a misleading picture regarding the nature of the evidence.

Case in point. I once saw the aforementioned Robert Groden lie through his teeth to an audience of 100 people at Villanova University, when he presented the Zapruder film with phony sound effects of seven gunshots dubbed in to tell us when the shots supposedly were, and more than a dozen people I talked to afterwards were convinced they had heard an AUTHENTIC soundtrack of seven gunshots on the Z-film, when there is no such thing (and Groden did not tell his audience what he had done).

Groden also lied to this same group by telling the audience in a hushed tone of voice that the Secret Service had changed the motorcade route at the last minute and then he whispered in low tones how Dallas Mayor Earle Cabell was the brother of some general (translation, the Dallas mayor was somehow in on it!) But alas for Groden, if anyone bothers to READ the Warren Commission, one would find there was NO change in the motorcade route at the last minute, and that in fact, the motorcade route was determined by virtue of the fact that once the Dallas Trade Mart was decided for JFK's luncheon speech, then under Dallas traffic law, that motorcade route was the one they had to take. And who was it who made the decision that JFK would speak at the Trade Mart, and thus was ultimately the one responsible for why JFK drove past the School Book Depository and the Grassy Knoll? Why none other than Governor John Connally, who was wounded in the assassination, so I guess Governor Connally was martyring himself on behalf of the conspiracy that he had to be a part of!

Start doing some reading for a change instead of repeating the same old mantras, because it's not going to work with those of us who actually bothered to follow the rules of how honest historical research is done. If you did, you'd then find out that the HSCA *upheld* the Warren Commission on *all* details of importance. Oswald guilty? HSCA said yes. Oswald the only one who fired a gun that wounded JFK and Connally? HSCA said the WC was right. Oswald killed Officer Tippit? HSCA said yes, too. The Single Bullett THeory? The HSCA said that was right too. In fact, the HSCA was about to release a report saying "no evidence of a conspiracy" but at the last minute, their opportunistic chief counsel Robert Blakey, who was hell-bent determined to prove a Mafia killed JFK thesis, pushed the notion of "evidence" of a fourth gun shot based on a dictabelt recording that allegedly picked up the impulse patterns of four shots (not the sounds of actual gunshots. Of course, the fact that the earwitnessnes we were talking about before overwhelmingly said only THREE shots seems not to matter on this point). And on that one smidgen of evidence, the HSCA suddenly at the last minute talked about a "missed fourth shot" despite the fact there was no other evidence to support it.

And then guess what happened to that dictabelt evidence that was the only thing that pointed to a fourth shot? In 1982, a new study by the National Council on Ballistics and Sciences totally discredited the dictabelt recording and found that it did not come from a motorcycle in the motorcade but a parked motorcycle at the Trade Mart. Plus, at the time of the impulse patterns that are supposedly gunshots you can hear the voice of the Dallas sherriff saying something that didn't happen until more than a minute after the assassination.

So the bottom line is, if you want to cite the HSCA, you've got a problem because the HSCA after you take out that one item that was discredited by subsequent study, upholds the WC in all key details.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member

Of course they would have. Why not? After all, another U.S. Government investigation into the same murder (the HSCA) announced to the world that there was a "95% or greater" chance that a multi-gun plot ended President Kennedy's life, didn't they?*

* = Granted, the House Select Committee desperately wanted to find a conspiracy in the case, IMO. But many conspiracy theorists seem to conveniently forget that the HSCA came to the exact same identical conclusion about the identity of the one and only man who fired any bullets into any victims on Elm Street on November 22, 1963 -- and that man just happened to be every conspiracist's favorite "Patsy For All 11/22/63 Murders In Dallas, Texas" -- Lee H. Oswald.

And the HSCA also happened to fully support the Warren Commission's conclusion that one single bullet (CE399) did, indeed, travel through both JFK and Governor Connally. The WC and HSCA disagreed about the exact timing of that "SBT" gunshot, but both organizations agreed that the SBT was the correct solution to the double-man wounding on Elm Street. And that's a "WC/HSCA In Harmony" fact that a lot of conspiracy promoters like to forget about as well.

And let me ask the anti-SBTers this -- How likely is it that BOTH the Warren boys and the HSCA were both totally wrong about such an important part of the investigation into the President's murder (especially the HSCA, which, as I mentioned, certainly wasn't shy about telling the world that a multi-gun conspiracy did probably exist to kill JFK)?

As author Vincent Bugliosi said in his 2007 JFK book, the Single-Bullet Theory is "so obvious that a child could author it". I couldn't agree more, Vince.

Speaking of the Single-Bullet Theory.....

I've yet to meet the man (or woman....or alien beast from a dying planet) who can successfully undermine and discredit the common sense that I wrote in the following SBT piece. Maybe Neil/Danny will be the first (since he's apparently not quite "done" with this thread after all): :D

The Single-Bullet Theory: A Common-Sense Approach

www.Twitter.com/DavidVonPein

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

At one point, 100% of the public thought the world was flat and the sun revolved around the Earth. Does that mean they were right?

And I thought you were done with this thread? :rolleyes

phil*

Second Unit
Real Name
Andro

So people who have a different view of events than you are:1)Skippies 2)arrogant 3)100% wrong 4) really,really crazy. ...and you've been collecting firearms since you were 13? If you and I should ever meet...I hope I'm wise enough to keep my distance.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

So now you think people who collect firearms are inherently dangerous, and yet you whine about me disparaging you? I feel you really should take a look back at yourself when you speak about people who, "when confronted with a view that is diametrically opposed to their own,feel cornered,and lash out with belittling comments." I corrected your ignorant and inaccurate statement. You've done nothing but criticize me personally ever since I (yet again) shot holes in your delusional beliefs (pun very much intended). Physician, heal thyself.

And by the way, when speaking about Kennedy conspiracy buffs, the only thing I know for sure about their character or mental status is your #3 above.

phil*

Second Unit
Real Name
Andro

Hmm...you seem to have a great deal of pent up anger and you own firearms...you know, some people would say that you sound a great deal like...Lee Harvey Oswald!

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

Where exactly do you get the idea I have pent up anger? Methinks you are projecting just a little too much, because I'm actually pretty mellow. By the way, aren't you the one who said that us "lone nutters" are prone to lashing out and personally attacking you poor, misunderstood conspiracy buffs who only wish to discuss the evidence? The irony is simply amazing. Who knew that the only thing I had to do to disprove that little bit of disparaging nonsense is . . . wait. :D

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Are you going to admit that the facts show that your ballyhooing of the "puffs of firearm smoke" claim is utterly baseless, or are you going to continue to try to divert attention from your demonstrably false claim by talking about Jeff instead of the assassination? This is very tiresome.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

Care to discuss the evidence in this case, or are you just going to post ever more disparaging (not to mention inaccurate) personal attacks? Talk about pent up anger; we don't even know each other and yet you've spent the last hour launching personal barb after personal barb my way. Grow up, you child. :crazy:

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

I'm going to call Merriam-Webster and have them post a link to the above next to their online definition of the phrase "hoisted on your own petard." :laugh:

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

As opposed to you, who have done your best at disproving your allegations. Keep up the personal attacks Mr. "Us conspiracy buffs only want to talk nicely about the evidence, but the lone nutters always resort to personal attacks!!" :crazy:

And by the way, if you really sense pent up anger in my posts, I suggest you look up the definition of "projection" (in the psychiatric sense). I'm about as far from "pent up" as Ghandi.

phil*

Second Unit
Real Name
Andro
Actually...I wouldn't be at all surprised if you claimed you WERE Ghandi...

phil*

Second Unit
Real Name
Andro

No...why would I do that...I would much rather debate the facts in this case.. but only if you promise to remain calm...sorry..I forgot...you're...mellow..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks