What's new

OMG! Charmed in Febuary!!! (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I saw that list the other day. I have not been able to confirm those extras.

I also < sarcasm > adore < /sarcasm > how that site appropriated the cover art from my site - complete with my alterations - and didn't give me or my site any credit for it. Not even a quick "Cover art courtesy of TVShowsOnDVD.com" statement. Bad form!

Edited: many times to modify, and then finally remove, additional grumbling about the above situation that just really didn't become me.

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
Thanks David... as I stumbled onto that site yesterday... looking for any info I can find... I been so excited about the release.

them using your image like that without your permission or giving you any credit is bad form... that is just not right! Looks like that is one site I won't be going back to.

only other info I have been able to find... and you all may have already covered this and I just over looked it... but according to Amazon.com this will be a 6 disc set! :D

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
tvshowsondvd.com released a 3-D version of the box art as well as the back of the box description... looks and sounds great...

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=2496

now only if we could get some extras info! I am starting to worry we will get no extras on this set... Not that no extras would matter to me that much... but would be great to see atleast some!

Helie

Grip
We should get some extras on this set having to wait so long!!! They have always said the rights wouldn't be released til 2005..at least they didnt make us wait any longer!

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
No extras on Charmed: Season one! :frowning:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=2522

Well even though I really was hoping there would be some extras on this set... I'm not really surprised. After all this is Paramount we are talking about. I guess I will have to just be happy to finally be getting the whole first season on dvd... after all... the show is what is important. :)

John McM

Second Unit
right now, I wish 20th Century Fox had the rights to Charmed, having been impressed with their Buffy, Angel, Roswell and Tru Calling sets (not to mention their other sets like Simpsons, Arrested Development and Family Guy.... but I named the other ones since they are closer in genre), I know Fox would've given Charmed fans a DVD worth $10 more than what Paramount is charging.

Natalie F

Stunt Coordinator
This is very sad to hear. Hopefully some fans will make some noise about this, and future seasons will have something.

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
We can hope so Natalie...
but I won't be getting my hopes up... especially since they are putting Charmed out so fast... we are supposed to see 4 seasons throughout 2005.

All we can do is write... email... or contact paramount any way possible to ;et them know we would like some extras for charmed.... anyone know how to contact paramount's home video department?

Jaime J Nubes

Auditioning
Thanks for all the updates. I'm a Charmer as well, going back to the original airings of season 1. :D

Yes, I'm disappointed that there will be no extras for the season 1 set but I'm still buying them. I am very happy that the original music would be in, though.

So what is your favorite S1 episode? Mine is Is There A Woogy In The House? Among my favorites are That Seventies Episode, Blind Sided, Dream Sorcerer and The Fourth Sister.

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
Oh lets see if I can keep a favorite eps list down to a minimum! LOL... really loved the whole season!...

My Favorite ep for season 1 would be...

-The Wendigo - This my favorite of the season for a couple reasons... it is a Piper episode... and I am in a total lust over Holly Marie Combs! :b Plus I always get a kick out of when the girls (or atleast 1 of them) get turned into some sort of creature.

Others in season 1 I Really liked...

-Dead Man Dating - Another Piper episode! :D
-From Fear to Eternity - First Apearance of Barbus: Deamon of Fear
-Is there a Woogy in the House? - Dealing with the Shadow Demon in the Manor
-That '70s Episode - The sisters goes back to the '70s when their mother is still alive.
-Out of Sight - A reporter exposes Prue

Ok... that is my favorite top 6 episodes... I better stop there before I list all 22 episodes! :D

Jaime J Nubes

Auditioning
For those who live in the UK, Amazon.co.uk has listed the release date of Region 2 DVD's as April 25, 2005. Earlier, they used the date of March 7, 2005. There was confusion over whether the UK would release it in March or April. I guess the consensus there is now April. So the UK Charmers might want to keep checking on that date. If there's any new information on Region 2 DVD's then I'll post it here. :)

The good news is the date for Region 1 remains the same. :D

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
Has anyone done a review of Charmed: Season 1 yet? I haven't been able to find anything at the usual sites I go to.

I know I already have this one on pre-order and I will be getting it before to long to see for myself... but I always like to read reviews of the sets I order before they get here.

I would have thought someone would have some reviews up by now since it is coming out in just under a week.

Scott Kimball

Screenwriter
I'll have a review up in a couple of days.

Transfers are decent, so if you're a fan and don't mind a lack of extras, there's no reason not to buy.

Details soon.

-Scott

John McM

Second Unit
ugh, this sucks. I still haven't received my review copy of Charmed because Paramount was accidentally sent the wrong reviewer to send it to, and that reviewer is stuck in the snow in PA so I probably won't even receive my review copy of season 1 until season 2 comes out :frowning:

John McM

Second Unit
Scott, one question

is the music entact? I know there is a LOT of music used on this show, so I'd see the music rights being quite pricey, especially considering all the artists who have played P3 on the show in the latter seasons.

I know this was a huge issue for Roswell (and then a lot of songs got changed), but haven't heard it being said about Charmed, and I think Charmed probably has the music issue worse because of all the artists who frequent Piper's club.

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
Going by TVshowsonDVD.com All music will be intact. :)

But if Scott can confirm it... that would be cool too. :)

Knowing there will be no extras and Scott saying there is decent transfer... there is 2 things I am wondering about now...

1. Is there a play all option on the dsics? (Always a Plus!)
2. The packaging - I know this is the least of the worries... but now that I have allot of sets shelf space is starting to be a concern... I am really hoping for packaging like Tru Calling: Season 1... 3 slimline cases (2 discs per case) in a slip cover.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks