1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

OLYMPIA -The LENI RIEFENSTAHL Archival Collection June 27th

Discussion in 'DVD' started by TimJS, Jun 14, 2006.

1. TimJS

TimJS Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Pathfinder is releasing a two disc SE of this legendary film by the notorious Leni Riefenstahl on the 27th.

SPECIAL FEATURES: (subject to change)
    Two disc limited edition containing over 5 hours of material including JUGEND DER WELT (“Youth of The World”) Official Documentary of the 1936 Winter Olympics at Garmisch-Partenkirchen, DIE KAMERA FAHRT MIT (“The Camera Goes Along”) 1936 Documentary by Bavaria-Filmkunst featuring footage from Leni Rifenstahl’s films OLYMPIA and TRIUMPH OF THE WILL. Deleted Scene ("Olympia Oath"), Biography, Still Gallery, German with ON/OFF English subtitles and English language, Dolby 2.0 audio, Essays by film historian David Calvert Smith, Trailers.

Tim

2. Robert Harris

Robert Harris Archivist
    Supporter

Robert Harris
    The basis and quality of this release might be questioned from a number of perspectives.

3. TimJS

TimJS Well-Known Member

Well, I suppose the fact you didn't elaborate should speak volumes to me...

I know Pathfinder's Chabrol Collection wasn't too hot, but beyond that, I don't know anything about them.

Mr. Harris, would you care to give odds on a better release coming from some other source down the road?

Best Wishes,
    Tim

4. streeter

streeter Well-Known Member

So does this include Olympia 1 and 2?

Also, I think Criterion was planning on releasing this for several years but it never happened.

5. AndrewR

AndrewR Well-Known Member

I'm all over this if this turns out to be a quality release. They have a rinky-dink trailer on their website so it's hard to tell what the picture'll look like.

6. Kenny Neal

Kenny Neal Well-Known Member