What's new

Oldy's but good (1 Viewer)

Kenn Hillier

Auditioning
I have had a pair of towers made by "Radian Research" (model 2-10-3) for several years now. But I could never find any info on them. They were manufactured in the late 1970's. They have 2 10" woofers, 1 5" mid, 1 1" Mylar dome tweeter per box. I was told the were the in the higher end of what the company made at the time. I did discover they were made by "Becker Electronics" in New York. It is not the same company that made car audio. I am just interested in opinions or info anyone may have. Like how they stack up against some others speakers of their time or since. It is very unlikely to find a review from that long ago.

Nathan J

Stunt Coordinator
Becker car audio was AWESOME!!!:D Just kidding.

I have never heard of your speakers...the only Becker I knew of was the cheap crap they used to sell at Kmart.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
The little that I know is that they listed somewhere in the $800 range and sold at maybe a %35 discount. Not an insubstantial sum back then. I don't think they were considered high end but rather decently performing speakers. replacement drivers might be a bit of a problem should you need one though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks