What's new

Older Sony HD Ready.. Not Ready... (1 Viewer)

David McGough

Second Unit
A few mos ago I got HD ran to my 37" VIZO by my Direct TV
I loved it and have a older Sony 2000 model HD Ready TV. I want the TV to be HD. I had the receiver already

I did have the Direct TV guys come to hook the receiver up to get HD.. When hooking up the blue, green, red cables ... I had a color problem.

On the TV I got reds and blues. the rest of the color was a faded yellowish greenish fade color. No skin tones, whites
No clear picture. No other colors showed up. Just that fadeish color..

The man told me it would not work. That was it..
Few days later I called the Direct Tv tech guys.
a guy walked me throught it. He told me either the receiver as bad or my TV was not projecting the Green
color which makes up all of the colors. This is ONLY when I have the blue, green, red cables hooked to the receiver and TV.
He suggested I swap the HD receiver I have down stairs with this one to see if it is the receiver.
I did and it still did not show all of the colors.

When i disconnect the blue, green, red cables from both receiver and TV.
I get my regular colors FINE.

If the green is out on my TV why do I get a good picture when not using the blue green red HD cables.

What does it take to have this fixed on my TV?
How do I describe what is wrong to the TV repair man

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
Sounds like a bad input on the TV. Perhaps try using a DVD with RGB/Component out and see if that makes a difference.

Also, look in your TV's menu and see if there are different settings for Component in. I know my Sony 400Q has 4 different ones. It may simply be a matter of proper set up.

Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks