What's new

old polk monitor 10's as fronts (1 Viewer)

f1nuts

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
jason cottee
i have been looking for info on these vintage 1st series monitor 10's from the 80's as regards to how low they can go ( if thats the right word ), and not yet found this anywere

i need to set the crossover on my subwoofer to the point the polks are straining for lows ...anyone know ?

my receiver does not have a crossover setting, and does not let me set to large/small speakers either ( so thats going soon ! )...

i obviously would like to get the best out of the polks as they sound great even for movies, but want to know were i can let the sub take over.

i have only been able to set my speakers via the dvd player regarding size...i assume the receivers doing all that anyway ...( this is a htib 6.1 sony receiver )

any simple advice , would be great......i love the vintage polks, and am to tight to invest in modern speakers !.....

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
At what point your speakers start to roll out will depend not only on the speakers, but the room as well. Your best bet would be to get the free REW (Room EQ Wizard) program and take some response measurements. All you need is a soundcard and an SPL meter.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks