What's new

Old Nick Shows (1 Viewer)

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
An "Adventures of Pete & Pete" set would rock so much, and with the type of following it has on the Internet, you'd think Paramount would be wise enough to release it. Oh well, I'm sure the homemade DVD market will continue to flourish.

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
An "Adventures of Pete & Pete" set would rock so much, and with the type of following it has on the Internet, you'd think Paramount would be wise enough to release it. Oh well, I'm sure the homemade DVD market will continue to flourish.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
I used to catch Pinwheel on Nickelodeon back in the day. That show was trippy as all get-out. I'd love some discs of You Can't Do That On Television as well. I'm sure it wouldn't hold up for me, though. I've had so many happy childhood memories of tv shows ruined by cable and home video. Except for Thundarr. It still kicked ass.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
I used to catch Pinwheel on Nickelodeon back in the day. That show was trippy as all get-out. I'd love some discs of You Can't Do That On Television as well. I'm sure it wouldn't hold up for me, though. I've had so many happy childhood memories of tv shows ruined by cable and home video. Except for Thundarr. It still kicked ass.

Justin Hargis

Stunt Coordinator
Old School Nickelodeon shows I'd like to see on DVD:

-The Adventures of the Little Koala

-Nozzles

-Count Duckula

-Salute Your Shorts

-Hey Dude

-Double Dare

-The World of David the Gnome

-Today's Special

-Muppet Babies

I think there's enough fans out there of these 80s/90s nickelodeon kid's shows to make a huge profit. Just a hunch.

Justin Hargis

Stunt Coordinator
Old School Nickelodeon shows I'd like to see on DVD:

-The Adventures of the Little Koala

-Nozzles

-Count Duckula

-Salute Your Shorts

-Hey Dude

-Double Dare

-The World of David the Gnome

-Today's Special

-Muppet Babies

I think there's enough fans out there of these 80s/90s nickelodeon kid's shows to make a huge profit. Just a hunch.

John*P

Second Unit
I've been hoping Paramount or whoever owns the rights to these older Nickelodeon shows would release them in season/complete series sets. I agree that they'd certainly profit. And yeah, people on eBay are selling homemade DVDs for Salute Your Shorts and Adventures of Pete & Pete, (cult faves) and are getting good money.

I'd like to see the following shows on DVD...

Salute Your Shorts - (26 episodes, they could do a complete series set)

The Adventures of Pete & Pete - (they could release the whole series on season or volume sets)

The Secret World of Alex Mack - (seasons)

Rocko's Modern Life - (seasons or volumes)

Are You Afraid of the Dark? - (seasons or volumes)

BTW, when I say "volumes" I'm talking about box sets like Family Guy and Futurama have, not crappy individual disc releases like the Lizzie McGuire DVDs. I like Lizzie, but generally loathe single-disc releases for TV shows, so I haven't gotten them...but that's just me.

John*P

Second Unit
I've been hoping Paramount or whoever owns the rights to these older Nickelodeon shows would release them in season/complete series sets. I agree that they'd certainly profit. And yeah, people on eBay are selling homemade DVDs for Salute Your Shorts and Adventures of Pete & Pete, (cult faves) and are getting good money.

I'd like to see the following shows on DVD...

Salute Your Shorts - (26 episodes, they could do a complete series set)

The Adventures of Pete & Pete - (they could release the whole series on season or volume sets)

The Secret World of Alex Mack - (seasons)

Rocko's Modern Life - (seasons or volumes)

Are You Afraid of the Dark? - (seasons or volumes)

BTW, when I say "volumes" I'm talking about box sets like Family Guy and Futurama have, not crappy individual disc releases like the Lizzie McGuire DVDs. I like Lizzie, but generally loathe single-disc releases for TV shows, so I haven't gotten them...but that's just me.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Is there anyway to find out how shows are doing? Like Pete & Pete is on Noggin. It must be fairly popular to this new demographic, they used to show marathons of it all the time...

Ryan

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Is there anyway to find out how shows are doing? Like Pete & Pete is on Noggin. It must be fairly popular to this new demographic, they used to show marathons of it all the time...

Ryan

Chris:L

Supporting Actor
I miss Ren & Stimpy, would be great if a boxset came out. Looks very unlikely though
I laugh everytime I read this now. Especially the part that says "looks very unlikely though."

Maybe there's hope for other Nickelodeon shows. Gord, is it possible?

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I've said this before, and will say it again, some of these old Nick shows are money waiting to be made...simply by people in my age range that are nestalgic for our childhoods which weren't even all that long ago in the grand scheme of things.

A lot of the shows mentioned in this thread are ones I remember quite fondly and would purchase.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
I'd get Rocko in a second, used to love that show.
Jesus...talk about "Peter Pan" complex, I wonder what the ratio is between adults who watch cartoons on DVD and actual Kids who watch cartoons on DVD!?!;)

ZackR

Supporting Actor
I would buy virtually any releases of ANY classic Nick. Anything. Period. This stuff is traded arong the 'net and I think there would be a decent market. If Image understands the fact that Pee Wee can be profitable, maybe Paramount or whoever owns the old Nick stuff will realize their potential as well.

Greg Black

Second Unit
I would absolutely love to get all of the Hey Dude episodes on DVD. I really think that that was the absolute best live-action TV show that Nickolodeon ever produced.
Also, some of those weird cartoon shows that I loved as a kid (or was it teenager?) such as Adventures Of The Little Koala. :b

Chris:L

Supporting Actor
I'd like to know what Gord has to say about this. With Gord's site, does Gord have the power to poke and prod at the companies?

My favorite nicktoons were Doug and Rugrats. If Nick could release Doug I'd be in cartoon heaven. (It wouldn't be such a bad idea to release Doug the high school years either. Maybe they can make a Doug college years?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks