What's new

Old games to download? (1 Viewer)

Peter Mazur

Second Unit
Does anyone know of any sites where you can download old games. I am looking for one that I used to play on my Apple IIe and also ones for Atari 2600 and also Colecovision. Any help would be appreciated.

Shayne Lebrun

Screenwriter
The term you're looking for is 'abandonware.'

Unless the owner of the game's copyrights have given explicit permission to download, you can't legally do it.

Some that have include, umm, the guy who did Leisure Suit Larry; Al something; lots of stuff for the old Sinclair machines, and so on...

Hell, Take Two Interactive have the original Grand Theft Auto available for download on their webpage.

Hunter P

Screenwriter
Definitely play M.U.L.E. This game rocks...rocks hard. Lots of replayability.

Here are a couple of sites (there are a ton more) that not only tell you how to get the game but the emulator as well.

World of M.U.L.E.

M.U.L.E. for Atari 800

About M.U.L.E.: This game is a simulation game where you are left on planet Irata for 12 months. You pick a plot of land and either farm, produce energy or mine. After each month there is an auction where you buy or sell what you produce. The game is so simple and soooooo much fun. Probably one of my top 10 games of all time.

Thanks to emulators, I can still play it on my PC.

John_Bilbrey

Second Unit
There are lots of emulators around, for everything from Atari, C64,NES, and the PS. Most sites that have emulators also have the ROMs (games) for them as well. Just a side note: most of the ROMs that I've seen aren't 100% accurate, most are like 95% or so but it's close enough for casual enjoyment. Also be aware that there may be potential legal issues involved with downloading ROMs and emulators. Google "emulators" and enjoy...

Gary Wolfe

Auditioning
There's a relatively new release for Atari classic games for the PC that has "80 games". It's several arcade versions, and the rest are Atari 2600. I saw it at Best Buy a couple of months ago for maybe $20, so shop around.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
My mom bought me one of THESE for Christmas a few years ago. It's got 10 Atari 2600 games built right into the original joystick. Very cool... except it runs on batteries.

Agreed! I remember playing this with friends all night in college (okay.. so we were geeks, so what!?!) :)

John_Bilbrey

Second Unit
I saw a deal at one of the kiosks at the local mall back around Christmas that had something like 200 games built into a "N64-style" controller. It hooked directly up to the TV via composite cables. It looked pretty neat, but they were pricey for what they were (around $80).

Chris Lanni

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Christopher
Brett Hancock,

I actually have the original Street Rod on a 3.5" floppy. You are right though, those games rock. They were the original Gran Turismo.

Gods Love
chris

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks